Rusty

*This Thursday another casualty runs through this lonesome town. Seventeen year old Violet Johnson commits suicide in Diamond cliff. Rumors say that the cause of the sudden demise was because of drug abuse, the rumor of a chronic depression, etcetera, etcetera. I honestly can't understand why would she like to kill herself, she had average notes, good friends, well... quote on quote good friends since others say she was pushed by the young boy Jason Turner that was present at the time. This has raised suspicion in Jason Turner due to the homicide of another one of his close friends Sally Thompson, who was brutally murdered in her own residence one day before Violet's accident. The police are looking into it. They say and I'm quoting: "We are sure this guy AKA the murderer must've been close to the victim, and don't worry this guy couldn't have gone far since with our instructions to the police him vanishing wouldn't go unseen" and quote. Now we are going to listen to some statements from Sally and Violet's classmates. "They were so youn-"*

"We don't have to listen to this bullshit, especially you... damn hypocrites"- Said Helena right after turning off the radio from the rusty Volkswagen Jason called a car.

"I don't know why am I even going; She's probably going to kick me out right away. I don't think she will want me there"

"Oh my god Jason, calm down it's not like you killed her you were just there and I don't think it could've gone any way different." - She said in a half mad half calm voice.

"Fine. I just don't want the whole town there judging me and giving me nasty looks"

"Number 1: It's a small funeral so max there'll be 15 people. Number 2: It's not all about you. And Number 3: Take this exit" - said Helena while she looked for her cigarettes in the back.

He rolled his eyes at her snarky yet true comment. Violet had just died, to be more specific right in front of him and he was worried about people not liking him at her funeral. He felt really bad by that point and guilty, but he'd been feeling that way since she died. He would describe it as an empty paranoia whatever that means.

"Yeah... you are right I'm being selfish I'm sorry. This exit?"

"Yes you are, and yes" - She took out a cigarette out of the box.

"Do you mind lighting this up?"- She asked.

"... Uh, no, it's fine" - He took the lighter from his pocket and lighted the cigarette without looking away from the road.

"Thanks"

Helena was looking through the window. Trying to lurk into the dark foggy forests of Sunstone, the whole town looked like a thriller and it sure felt that way. This town isn't used to tragedies like this, so people got really scared when they heard a girl had been murdered. Most people stopped going out except the ones that had to. Most places like small coffee shops and little boutiques decided to close their doors until the murderer was caught. The police thought telling them it was possibly someone she knew would help calm them down but it was the complete opposite. When the town became aware that it could be basically anyone they freaked out after all everyone knows each other in Sunstone and they started forgetting that a girl was actually dead, murdered by a monster. They forgot about Sally's existence and how it ended. They forgot that she would never come back. She forgot about it.

"What about Sally?" - She asked in complete remorse

"...What about her?"

"Is she going to have a funeral or something?"

"Oh, uhmm Craig told me she was going to be incinerated at the mortuary around five"

"How does he know that?"

"His girlfriend told him. Her dad owns the mortuary"

"His girlfriend? I thought he was gay" - She said exalted and surprised.

"Everyone thinks he is but he's not"

"Okay, just forget it" - She made a small pause to gather her thoughts and questions since there were so many What happened to her? Who killed her? How am I supposed to feel? And what the fuck is going on? But she decided to ask something he can actually answer.

"I-Is anybody going to her funeral? You know Sally's?"

"Uhm... I don't know, I guess Jack will be there"

There was a pause filled with guilt and thoughts that drowned the environment.

"We should go" - Said Helena in a soft voice that reeked with regret

"Yes, we should..." - He was convinced, i mean she was his best friend and he can't really remember the reason why he decided not to go to her funeral before.

This time it was a very long pause. Helena spent it looking through the window, staring at the people that had nothing to worry yet everything to lose. When the car stopped at a red light she could see from a far the only Japanese restaurant in town and thought to herself the countless times she visited that place with her. As the car moved she realized that she had been everywhere with Violet, that everywhere will always be their spot and that she would never be able to talk about dumb shit with her or take advantage of a buffet with her. Never.

So she decided to ask the question she was avoiding, the one question that might fuck everything up.

" Jason" - she asked

"Mhm?"

"What happened to Violet?" - she asked with watery and sore eyes from crying last night.

"... i-i'm not ready to talk about it " - He really meant it, he wasn't ready. Besides things were either blurry or way to clear and he couldn't handle it out loud. One thing is thinking about it and a very different one is talking about it.

She said no more and told herself to wait until things weren't as recent but she needed an answer.