Chapter 3: On Our Way To Warped Tour

Song: Crash by You Me At Six

~Cassie~  

I was sitting at the dinner table, starring down at the plate of pasta mum had made for me. As much as I love mum's cooking, I wasn't in the mood for pasta- or anything for that matter. I'm too nervous to eat. I still haven't told mum that I'm going on tour next week but I know she'll be upset, she hates when I tour with bands for longer than a couple of days.  

Mum wants me to stay here, in Orange County, find a guy, marry him, have two kids and become a housewife but I just don't see myself like that.  

I want to travel, I want to see the world. I don't want to be a stereo typical American house wife. I do want to have kids but not yet, not while I'm at the height of my career but whenever I try to tell mum about my dreams- she tells me I'm crazy and that I need to focus on starting a family.  

"Cassandra, are you alright?" Mum asked, pulling me away from my thoughts. She placed her hands on her hips and gave me a questioning look.  

"Mum, sit down, there's something I need to tell you" I sighed, motioning for her to take a seat on the chair next to me. Chelsea isn't home yet so I'll just have to tell her later. Thankfully, Chelsea loves my job. She's always telling me how lucky I am to be able to tour with awesome bands.  

"What is it, Cassandra?" Mum asked, eying me suspiciously as she sat down on the chair.  

I took a deep breath before looking at my mum with a serious expression. "I'm going on tour with Of Mice And Men".  

*A Week Later* 

"Do you have your straightener?" Chelsea asked as she dug through my closet, throwing piles of clothing at me along the way.  

"Yes, I've already packed my straightener" I laughed as I stuck my grey vans into my duffel bag. I felt a triumphant smile spread across my lips once I realized that I was finished packing. Finally, after two long hours, I'm finished packing two months worth of clothes and other shit.  

"So.... have you talked to mom yet?" Chelsea asked, her tone serious.  

"Yeah but she just doesn't get it. She wants me to stay at home and become some stupid housewife but.... that's not me and it never will" I sighed before closing the zipper on the bag and walking out of my bedroom.  

Today is the day I'm leaving for Warped tour which starts tomorrow. Austin is coming to pick me up and then we're meeting with the rest of the guys at the venue in Seattle, Washington.  

In all honesty, I'm really nervous about seeing the rest of the guys. Austin still hasn't told me why they never tried staying in touch with me but he said he'd tell me once we were with everyone else. Which, I guess, is fine, as long as they tell me why, then everything is going to be fine.  

I'm still kind of hesitant on whether I should befriend them again. I mean, I want to let them back in my life but... I'm scared. I'm scared because there's always that possibility that if I let them back in, they're just going to end up leaving like they did before.  

Thankfully, You Me At Six and Adriana are going to be at Warped tour so I wont be completely alone.  

My thoughts were interrupted by someone knocking on the front door. I hurried to answer the door but mum beat me to it. A look of anger and disgust over came her features once she saw Austin standing outside.  

"Cassie, he's here" Mum announced, she crossed her arms over her chest and continued glaring at Austin.  

Sighing, I gave Austin an apologetic look before turning back to Chelsea. Surprisingly, she wasn't freaking out about Austin like I had expected her to. Smiling, I pulled Chelsea into a tight hug before grabbing both my bags and starting towards the door.  

I said goodbye to both mum and Chelsea before walking towards Austin's car. I placed my equipment and duffel bag in the backseat before sitting in the front seat of Austin's car.  

Austin put on the album 'The Black Crown' by Suicide Silence as we drove to the airport in complete silence.