Epilogue: Until We Meet Again

I had already said farewell to my family earlier this morning. Shay had cried because we knew it would be a few months before we saw each other again but it was nothing we couldn't handle.

Carlos, Garrett, Luke and I were at the hangout just chilling for a little bit. Trying to evade the thing that was on everyone's minds. Luke was catching a flight to somewhere in Europe and would be there for quite some time he told me. I was happy for him, that he was finally getting to live out his dreams and all but I knew deep down I was going to miss him terribly.

"You ready?" Garrett asked Luke.

"Yes," he said slowly and walked out with us to the car that was waiting to pick him up.

The twins were in the back and were going to go with him to the airport. It made sense since they were his actual daughters and all.

I hugged Luke tightly and held back tears as I knew this might be the last time I ever see him again. You never knew what the future would hold for a gang member.

"Stay strong Cameron," he told me and wiped away a stray tear.

"We'll keep in touch right?"

"Of course." He kissed my forehead and hugged Carlos next.

"Take care of her for me," he whispered to him and headed off.

Carlos held me from behind as the three of us said nothing for a few moments.

I turned to Garrett, "you sure you can handle this?"

He nodded, "I know what I'm doing. Don't worry about me Cameron."

I handed him the key to the hangout, "I expect to have this back when I come to visit on my next break."

"You got it boss," he joked and gave me a big hug.

"And give me a detailed report every week at least," I said trying to think of what else there was to remind him of.

"Cameron," Carlos said gently, "he has it under control. We need to go now or we'll be late."

Sighing, I gave Garrett one last hug and looked at the empty road that led up to the hangout. At one point it was where both my father and Luke had stayed when they were apart of the Vipers. Now it was just me.

As we got in the car and started driving away I looked out my window and into the clear blue sky. I've come so far from when I was in high school, and still have a long journey ahead of me. But wherever that road leads me, I know I will not be alone. I know that I have my family standing behind me every step of the way.

The End <3