"He what?" Adrianna cried with anger.

"He's mad," Arianna agreed with Micah nodding vigorously.

"That's what I told him. Now what do I do in order for this to not become a bloodbath?"

Luke cleaned his gun while the five of us sat around in his study. "I'll figure out something for now tell Carlos and Garrett. We might be able to find more alliances as well."

"Luke when do you want me to,"

"I'll go over the rules and things later. Right now just go home and not worry."

"Thanks Luke," I gave him a grin and sped home to Carlos.

Duke, my chocolate lab, greeted me when i got to the front door. he jumped on me and licked my hands while wagging his whole body in excitement.

"Hi baby! Did you miss me?" I cooed as someone stood behind me.

"Cute, when did you get a tattoo Cam?" Garrett's voice resonated.

I stiffened and slid my top down to cover up my body art.

"It's nothing bad," I started as Garrett looked at me.

"What is it?'

I lifted my shirt and revealed the purple and black tattoo I had going across my lower back.

"So a tramp stamp?"

"No, it covers up the damage. Remember the burn," I slid my sleeve down to reveal a white rose extending across.

"Do people know?"

"Carlos does. Why?"

"Just curious. So what did your cousin say about negotiating?"

"All bets are off. He wants me dead."

"Not on my watch," he growled.

"What's going on Cameron?" Carlos questioned while coming up behind us.

"Just checking to see what happened between her and Colby."

Carlos gave me a questioning look but dropped it when I glared at Garrett.

"Garrett I'll be fine okay? Don't worry."

"Cameron, it's not just his job to protect you! If you die i won't be able to live with myself. Everyone will blame me."

He rubbed his eyes as I stood wonder struck. He was still blaming himself for what had happened in the past. This was too much did no one think I could handle myself?

"Garrett I can handle this alright? I won't die. I want to enjoy my break not plan revenge."

Carlos grabbed my waist and brought me closer to him while Garrett sighed. "Fine. But remember this Cameron, there's no break once you're one of them."

"Can I not have a single break?"

Carlos squeezed my shoulder, "I know sweetheart. Are you sure everything is okay? You seem off."

I hid into his arms and tried to block out my memories of Hunter.

"You miss him don't you."

"Yes," I breathed in and avoided his gaze.

"Cameron look at me," he put his hands on my face and forced me to look at his eyes. "I know I can't relate to how you feel with losing him.. but I know it gets easier. Carolina was the one person I had to protect.. but I failed."

I kissed him urgently and felt him wrap his arms tighter around me. He needed to know that he wasn't alone. That he hadn't failed.

"You haven't failed Carlos," I knotted my fingers in his hair.

"You didn't see the look on her face, the light fading.."

"I lost the guy I had planned on being with." Tears started falling fast as Carlos looked down with his fists clenched.

"I'm so sorry," I broke and unwound myself from him.

"Cameron stay." He begged and I forced myself not to flee.

I shouldn't have said anything. I knew it would only hurt him but he had to understand that I knew what it was like.

"Do you remember the day I said i would protect you Cameron Madison?"

"Yes," I whispered, afraid that my own voice would break again.

"I'm keeping that promise. I won't lose you again."

Yes he was being serious but I was a little worried that he was in hysterics.

"I love you," I whispered and wrapped my arm around him.

"Stay with me?'

"Where else would I rather be."