Prologue

A/N: Hi guys! This fanfiction is a collaboration between me and @thestreetfighter16. This takes place after 'Noragami' or the 1st season of Noragami. They are some English and Japanese names in this book, and are entirely fictional. Any events, names of people or animals (living or dead), places, etc. that were mentioned are purely coincidental and are created from the authors' imagination.  Enjoy reading!

Tori's POV

 Man, training's been pretty hardcore lately. Can't blame them though since the competition's coming up. 

 I tossed my bag by the shoulder as I head out of school. I glanced at my watch as it read 2:45 PM. 15 minutes before dismissal but I went out early since the teacher wasn't present in homeroom. I decided to walk towards the riverbank, getting some fresh air.

All of a sudden, I noticed a strange creature floating in the sky. I began to see these things ever since I started high school and weirdly, I just ignored them. Just then, there was a strange guy that jumped out of nowhere, slicing that creature as it vanished without a trace. His back was turned, facing in front of me as I stood there, surprised of what I witnessed. 

 He was wearing a black track suit with an old scarf wrapped on his neck. He rested the sword behind his shoulder. For some reason, his aura reached me. It was strange for an unknown guy to just jumped out of the blue but his energy is so strong that the breeze blew at his purple hair.

Then, he turned around and I saw his face for the first time. He looked....kind of cute. He gave me a smile, a friendly one. I held my breath and was about to wave at him, but I heard a female voice behind me. A girl in a faded pink uniform smiled and waved at the guy in the black track suit, and sadly, he waved back.

 I felt out of place, so I ran towards the nearest corner. I wasn't a stalker before, but I wanted to eavesdrop at their conversation, because honestly, if I saw him for the first time, I felt kind of jealous..The sword suddenly turned into a human, he had shaggy blond hair, red eyes and unusually pale skin.

 "Good afternoon, Hiyori." said the guy in the black track suit and the blonde 

"Good afternoon, Yato-san, Yukine-kin.." said the girl in the uniform 

 "So, how are--"

 "Tori!" 

I gulped and turned to see my best friend, Jayne. 

 "W-What is it?" I asked, as she approached me 

 "Aren't you going to practice for upcoming competition?" She asked, looking at me weirdly 

 "Of...Of course, I am..I'm just..resting, that's all!" 

 "What's this? Tori, the serious competitor is just bumming around, doing nothing?" She said, laughing at her own joke

 I felt my cheeks burn in embarrassment.."Well, shall we go?" I asked 

 "Alright, you better practice hard, Tori!" She said with enthusiasm. I didn't have the feeling she had, no matter how confident I was in winning the upcoming competition. 

I thought that it was because my 'love-at-first-sight' encounter..  

"Oh hey Tori-chan! Jayne-chan!" Hiyori waved at us before we head out. 

 "Yo! Hiyori-san, what's up?" Jayne approached the trio. I quietly followed them. 

 "Oh I almost forgot.. This is Yato and Yukine-kun." Hiyori introduced the two boys to us quickly. 

That sure escalated. But when I looked at this Yato guy, his presence made a strong welcome. I can't help but why. But I can't just fall head over heels for him all of a sudden I mean that would be weird. And besides, I'm used talking to guys so how come this guy just give me weird feeling like it just popped out of my chest..?