0

"james, now. we're leaving," dan's mother warned in a hushed voice, waving her finger at his father. his lips were tightly pursed in a fine line as he stifled a groan, grudgingly getting up from his seat. "i don't know about you, but i have no interest in watching our son getting torn to shreds!"

dan stood behind his mother silently, keeping his gaze locked onto his feet. he didn't want to see the grim expression on his father's face, or any of the valdez's either, for that matter. he didn't want to see the mocking looks on their faces that tainted their features with disapproval. he grimaced as he heard the valdezs arguing in their kitchen, his name being angrily tossed around in the mix.

"they are not coming over ever again with that mediocre disgrace of a son of their's!"

"then why the hell are they still sitting in my dining room?!"

"he forced himself on me! he was just too strong!"

he cringed at the last taunting yell, regretfully glancing up to see cat sneaking a quick smirk at him. his gaze dropped back to the ground, clenching his jaw.

"come on, don't you ever think about me?" cat purred, crawling across the couch towards dan. he gulped, scooting in the opposite direction. "uh, cat. y-you're my friend and all but i, uh, i-" he stuttered, his face gushing.

"don't be a wimp, come on closer," she hummed, narrowing in her eyes on him.

"uhh, oh cat!" he exclaimed, springing up from his seat. "your parents just called for us. we better go," he nodded unconvincingly. her supposedly-sexy act dropped suddenly, leaving a malicious scowl on her face. dan stumbled for words, not expecting anything like this to come from a seemingly sweet girl.

"come on howell, kiss me." she demanded, forcefully grabbing his jaw and slamming her lips against his chapped ones. his eyes widened as her hand trailed down his chest, and he quickly pushed her off.

"cat," he gasped, looking at her with a mix of horror and disgust. she stood still with a cold glare in her eyes, as if questioning what to do. her eyes lit up with a glint of evil and she smirked, shuffling footsteps following quickly. she sobbed, melting into her parents arms. she pointed at dan accusingly, crying how he had tried to assault her.

"james!" his mother scolded again, tightly grasping his shoulder and dragging him towards the door. "goodbye, assholes!" she shouted, dan's eyes widening at her outburst. she never swore or yelled, ever. she swung open the door, revealing the heavy rain pouring down outside. dragging both her son and her husband behind her, his mother strode outside, stopping abruptly once they were on the other side of the street.

"they're bloody ridiculous!" she exclaimed, shaking her head. james stood quietly with his arms crossed, leaning against a lamppost. the rain had already soaked all three of them by now, despite it only being a few minutes.

"now i'll never get a contract with them," he grumbled under his breath, pulling out his phone and dialing a number. jessica's head whipped around to her husband, shaking her head in disbelief.

"you cannot possibly be serious!" she gasped incredulously, wrapping her arm around dan's shoulder. her hazel eyes flickered between her husband's and his his phone, and in one swift motion, grabbed the phone and chucked it away. james' jaw dropped, watching as a tire crushed his precious phone. "what the hell?" he screamed, balling his fists up at his sides.

"this is our son! and all you care about are your work contacts?!" she shouted, glaring at him.

"all he had to do was sit quietly and be nice, that was all! but no, he had to go and cause some big scene because he decided he likes boys instead!" he groaned, his breath heavy in exasperation.