viii

"wH t is bl ck whe N yOu bu y it, reD wH en y u usE it, a nD gray when tHro w it awa y ???"

"charcoal," tyler muttered under his sharp breath as his crimson-stained fingertips skimmed along the bone-chilling wall and the tainted, cerise words that cursed themselves across it. "he's only been in this shit-show a week and it's all the damn guards were talking about," chris snarled, his ghostly breath hazing into a the bleak, wintry weather that accompanied januaries in london. "they say it's his voice," connor spoke slowly, as if considering every tainted word before letting it slip from his chapped lips. "that something about it is what makes his riddles so haunting, so-"

"for fucks sake, shut up," dan rolled his eyes, darkly chuckling at the fear laced over chris's dim expression. "all we have to do is put a bullet through his sly, little head and we're done." phil wryly chuckled, "right, ten years off a triple life sentence isn't gonna do shit for any of us." tyler smirked, "quadruple. plus, a fucking bullet? we're finally out of our bullshit cells and are getting paid to do this and you want to use a gun?"

"what do you have in mind?" the ebony-haired man scoffed, a sly grin tempting to peak his lips. "carve him up a bit, have a little fun, who knows the next time we'll be out," the silver-haired man smirked as the group skulked through the vaporous halls; the thick, toxicity leaking inside their lungs as their darkened eyes brushed over the crimson knuckle prints painted across the chipping cement.

"come to daddy," phil smirked as his stained fingertips tapped against a plaque reading, 'property room.' chris inhaled, his murderous eyes glinting with a unwavering thirst for blood as his stained fingers drew a boomerang from his coat. his a smirk grew hauntingly across his split lips as, with an considerable amount of undesired noise, he slammed his body against the door- earning only a chorus of wry chuckles.

"nice try, sweaty," zoe taunted; striding past the strained brunette as her lip was pulled in between her teeth and her wrist laid lent against the keypad. "the warden uses her daughter's birthday backwards for all her passwords," she grinned, the frosty metal sliding open as she stuck out her tongue. "voila!"

"baby," phil smirked, his azure irises locking onto the glinting metal peeking out from beneath the mountainous collection of crates. his fingers wrapped around the crowbar, pulling his trademarked m.o from its jaded concealment. "tyler joseph, josh dun," chris scoffed, glancing over the faded labels plastered across the chipped wood. "haven't heard of any of these asshats."

"mhm," dan grinned, his tainted eyes laced with a hungry desperation as he spotted a glock 19 pistol; the chilled metal fitting flawlessly against his calloused palm. "yahtzee!" zoe yelped, cradling her chin in her wrists as she skipped towards a painted mallet; her murderous eyes glinting as her delicate fingers held the wood tauntingly.

"holy shit," hazel breathed, ghostly fog tracing her awakened breath as she grabbed a sleek, white gun, cocking it as she aimed it in front of her. "fucking hell," chris muttered, raising his eyebrows at the suddenly iced over wall; stinging frost lacing the wall as the ice exhaled a snowy haze. "connor, i'm guessing this is yours," the raven-haired man chuckled wryly, tossing a golden lighter into the palms of the quiet brunette.

"actually, that's mine," tyler muttered bitterly, his bloodthirsty fingertips shoving the lighter into his jacket pocket. "who says i can't play with matches too?" connor rolled his eyes, leaning against the towering crates as he checked his watch. "let's go," he grumbled under his breath, earning a deep exhale from the chocolate-eyed brunette. "he's right, the monitor room rotates shifts in fifteen minutes," he spoke, his cocoa eyes darting towards chris. "you're up, boomerang." the brunette smirked, his azure eyes glinting darkly as his tongue slid over his chapped lips.

"sure thing, pretty boy."