III

THREE; STRANGER DANGER

"No." Had been the first words Cassadee said after entering the Cullen residence. Even if she wasn't an intuitive she would've been able to tell what was going on. She knew the second Edward greeted her by the stairs.

"You didn't even know what I was going to say." Edward defended himself as he followed her up the stairs to the living room.

Cassadee stopped once she reached the top of the stairs, turning around to face Edward. "No."

"Can you read my mind?" Edward questioned with furrowed brows.

"No." Cassadee said before turning to walk into the living room like she usually did when she went the the Cullen's after school. "It doesn't take a mind reader to know what you're thinking." She said as she sat down on the couch, only to be pulled up by Alice when she entered the spacious room. "Alice, I swear if you make me try one more outfit-"

"Relax," Alice rolled her eyes at the brunette as she dragged Cassadee into her room, revealing Jasper sitting at her desk with a pile of thick books in front of him. "It's about Equalizers."

"Oh, even better." Cassadee retorted as she sat - or more like plopped - in the computer chair next to Jasper.

"She could be in danger, Cassie." Edward remarked as he entered the room.

"She isn't." Cassadee, Jasper and Alice stated simultaneously as they flipped through the books.

Edward stood in front of the desk, causing Cassadee to turn her attention back to him. "Come on, Cass. You're the only one allowed on the reservation. I need to make sure she's okay."

"I know she's okay because she's with Jacob." Cassadee stated simply. "And I'm not exactly welcome on the Rez as of right now so if you're so concerned, then go yourself. I refuse to risk getting in another fight just because you can't seem to grasp the fact that Bella doesn't need to be with you every possible second."

"Well, it's not like the wolves could hurt you." Alice pointed out with a shrug. "You're indestructible."

"I broke Sam's ribs." Cassadee retorted. "They don't take that lightly."

"I'm sure he's over it." Edward assured with a wave of his hand.

"Edward," Cassadee huffed in annoyance as she stood up from her seat, placing her hands firmly on the desk. "She's fine. I would know if she wasn't. Now I suggest you go somewhere else and mope over the fact that you don't have complete control over my sister before I beat your ass to Pluto."

"But—"

"She's about five seconds from punching you in the face, Edward." Jasper told his adoptive brother as he read.

"And as much as I would enjoy that," Alice jumped in, pushing Edward out of the room, "I don't want to have to get a window fixed for her throwing you through it." The pixie vampire said before closing the door. Alice quickly turned around and smiled at Cassadee and Jasper as she took the seat in front of the desk. "Have I ever mentioned how cute you two are?" She asked, looking between the pair.

Cassadee glared at the psychic, knowing what she was trying to do. "Nice try." She said as she sat back down and took the book Jasper was reading and set it in front of her. "So, what did you find out?"

"There's still very little information about Equalizers, first of all." Jasper started as he flipped through the pages of the book in front of Cassadee. "And second of all, you have more power than just those of a vampire or werewolf. You have the power of every supernatural being."

"There's more than just vampires and werewolves?"

"Well, yes," Alice nodded. "If you count angels and demons. But you also still have human characteristics as well. Like a heartbeat and blood, but you don't bleed when you're cut. Not unless it's deep enough."