VI

SIX; NEW BEGINNINGS

"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up." Jessica started her speech from behind the podium. "Our answers were things like astronaut, president, or in my case, a princess." The brunette said, causing the audience to laugh. "When we were ten, they asked again. We answered, rock star, cowboy, or in my case, a gold medalist." The crowd laughed again, making Jessica smile. "But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how about this? Who the hell knows?"

"This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, this is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love, a lot."

Cassadee smiled up at Jasper and he returned the smile before kissing her on the forehead. They may not be a couple anymore, but that didn't mean they didn't love each other more than anything. Usually the pair wasn't this affectionate, especially after the break up. But Cassadee was in an unusually happy mood, probably because she was graduating and would not have to return the hell that is high school.

"Major in philosophy, because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind, and change it again, because nothing is permanent. So, make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask what we wanna be we won't have to guess. We'll know."

The crowd erupted into applause and cheers, and despite their relationship, Cassadee had to admit that Jessica had a really good speech. Even though part of her wanted to say it was just because she was in a good mood, even if the chairs were uncomfortable and the cap was ruining her hair.

"Are we gonna walk soon?" Cassadee asked Jasper as she looked up at him. "My butt really hurts now."

As if the principal could hear Cassadee, he walked up to the podium and the front row of students stood up and walked to the stage, ready to get their diploma. It didn't take long for third row to be up, the one Cassadee, Jasper, Alice, Bella, and Edward were in.

"Cassadee Swan." The brunette smiled as she walked across the stage to get her diploma, her heels not even audible as she heard cheers from Mike, Eric, and Angela, as well as Charlie the Uley pack. Cassadee was surprised to see them but couldn't help but grin bigger at the sight. Once she finished walking across the stage she returned to her seat but remained standing as she cheered for her sister and her friends.

It didn't take long to get through the rest of the names seeing as the senior class was not big in the slightest. Once the class was officially graduated, everyone rushed out of the hot gym and outside to greet family members and take pictures with their family and friends. Cassadee and Bella quickly talked to their friends and took pictures before doing the same with Cullen family, they were going to see them in a few hours so they didn't make an effort to have an actual conversation before finding Charlie.

"There are my girls." Charlie said, a proud smile on his face as his daughters hugged him. "I'm so proud of you two." He said before kissing each of their heads. "You girls are my biggest accomplishment."

"I'm sure you've had bigger accomplishments, Dad." Bella said, pulling away from Charlie slightly.

"No," Charlie shook his head. "Maybe you'll understand when you have children, but nothing compares to being a parent. Especially to two beautiful young women like you." Charlie rested his hands on his daughters' shoulders and gave them a gentle squeeze. "And as much as I don't want to let you go, I know that I have to and trust that you know what you're doing."

"Well, you still got us for a whole summer, Daddio." Cassadee told her father and smiled up at him. "I'll meet you guys at the car." She said when she saw the werewolves walking by them. She pulled away from Charlie and Bella and walked toward the group.