VII

SEVEN; LOST TIME

"This is not how I planned on spending my Sunday." Cassadee sighed as she watched Jasper throw Emmett across the opening in the forest as Edward pulled up in Emmett's jeep, Bella in the passenger seat.

"Like you had better plans." Rosalie scoffed, giving the brunette a playful eye roll. "Haven't you finished everything on Netflix by now?"

"Almost everything." Cassadee clarified. "Ever heard of a show called Supernatural? It's pretty good, you should watch it."

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind." The blonde replied, walking away as Bella approached her sister with a smile.

"No you won't." Cassadee replied under her breath, smiling at Bella and putting her arm around the human's shoulders. "How you feeling, sis?"

"I don't have a vampire army after me and I'm freaking out enough for the both of us." Bella spoke truthfully before furrowing her brows and looking at her twin. "How are you so calm?"

Cassadee shrugged. "Just a day in the life of Cassadee Badass Swan."

Bella snorted. "No one calls you that, Cass."

"Emmett does." The Equalizer responded and pointed to the brunette vampire as the Uley pack arrived in their wolf form.

"They don't trust us enough to be in their human forms." Edward told Carlisle. "Even with Cassie here."

"They came. That's what matters." He looked to his first adoptive son. "Will you translate?" He asked before stepping forward, meeting the biggest wolf, a black one, in the middle. "Welcome." The doctor greeted. "Jasper has experience with newborns. He'll teach us how to defeat them."

"They want to know how the newborns differ from us." Edward translated the wolves' thoughts for his adoptive father.

"They're a great deal stronger than us because their own human blood lingers in their issues. Our kind is never more physically powerful than in our first several months of this life." Carlisle said before looking at Jasper, the two nodding at each other before Carlisle stepped back and Jasper took over.

"Carlisle's right." Jasper said as he stepped forward. "That's why they are created. A newborn army doesn't need thousands like a human army, but no human army could stand against them." He spoke up, making sure that all parties were listening. "Now, the two most important things to remember are, first, never let them get their arms around you. They'll crush you instantly."

The Swan twins looked at each other before Cassadee took her arm off Bella's shoulder. Both knew that Cassadee would never intentionally hurt her sister, but that didn't mean it was impossible. Bella had a knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. This just seemed to remind the Equalizer of how powerful she really was.

"And second," Jasper continued, "Never go for the obvious kill. They'll be expecting that, and you will lose."

"Great pep talk, Jazz." Cassadee sassed as Jasper turned toward his family and called Emmett forward. "You should really be a motivational speaker."

"As much as I appreciate your sass, Cass, I don't think this is the time." Bella told her sister.

Cassadee almost snorted as she looked at her twin. "You don't appreciate the sass, Bells."

Emmett kissed Rosalie's head before walking to the clear area behind the Cullen's, all of them turning to watch him and Jasper practice.

"Don't hold back." Jasper told his adoptive brother.

"Not in my nature." Emmett smirked before running at Jasper. Emmett pushed Jasper backwards as his shoulder rammed into the blond's abdomen. Emmett threw Jasper over him, Jasper flying in the air before landing on his feet. Jasper didn't waste a second before turning around and running at Emmett, both meeting each other halfway. Emmett threw a punch that Jasper quickly dodged before Jasper hit Emmett on the chest, sending him to the ground.