Part 4

[Rhys' POV]

I was standing on the platform, holding some sphere thing, which I assumed was something to do with the Gortys Project, whilst there were alarms going off and robots threatening to shoot me all around. So this, this was my life now.

Fiona was one side of me, telling me to trust her, grabbing the Gortys sphere thing from me, and Jack was the other side, telling me to let him into my subsystems. 

"Fine" I told him, as he grinned at me. He then noticed Vasquez standing very close to Rue.

"The fuck is he doing?" Jack asked, stopping and looking. 

"Jack, do something" I said, raising my voice a little. He told me he had a plan, so why wasn't he doing anything? He was focused on Rue.

"Wha.. Did he just KISS my cupcake? What a- I'm gonna... WHAT THE FUCK DID HE DO?!" Jack yelled, looking furiously at Vasquez. 

"Jack!" I yelled, as I saw the robots come closer.

"What?!" Jack yelled, spinning around to face me. I gulped.

"The, er, the robots" I pointed out. 

"Oh yeah, sorry 'bout that, pumpkin" Jack spoke, as he began to control them with my robotic hand, forcing them to shoot down the forcefield separating us and the others. "Hail to the king baby!" He yelled with glee as he controlled them.

"I'm finally gonna kill that asshole" Jack grinned, shooting at Vasquez with the robots, causing Vasquez's arm to fall off. "Now he'll bleed to death."

"Thank you!" Rue looked at me in relief, thinking it was me who shot Vasquez, since she couldn't see Jack.

"No problem, babe" Jack replied, grinning. I smiled at her.

As we attacked Vasquez's guards with the robots and our guns, we managed to escape outside, with a little help from Loader Bot, only to see Vallory and some of her goons. Loader Bot screeched to a halt in front of her, causing us all to fall off him, dropping the Gortys Project. She approached Fiona, asking her whose fault it was. She blamed it on Vasquez. To be fair, it was kinda his fault. Then Vallory did something none of us were expecting. She grabbed Vasquez's gun from him and shot him in the chest, causing him to fall backwards, dead. 

We all stared in shock as Vasquez's corpse as Vallory proceded to point her gun at the rest of us.

"I suppose I don't need any of you" she spoke, as she fired a shot at Fiona. I froze, not knowing what to do. 

Suddenly, a black and red shield flew in front of Fiona, protecting her from the incoming bullet. A dark, hooded figure grabbed the shield as she glared at Vallory. 

"Let's go" spoke August, dragging Vallory into their car. The hooded figure turned to look at us as I saw Rue disappear behind an old billboard. Why was she hiding?

"Are you all completely stupid!?" Yelled the hooded figure, who had now pulled down her hood so we could see her face.

"Not all of us" answered Fiona.

"I am here to help you, YOU IDOTS!" She yelled again. I gulped. "Wait a second" she suddenly said, walking over to where Rue was hiding. She pulled down the billboard to reveal Rue.

"How dare you show your face again, after everything you've done." She spat at her.

"Athena, please-" Rue begged.

"No!" Yelled Athena. "Do you know what you did?" 

"Athena, you know Jack's dead, just please... I don't mean you any harm." She spoke desperately. In the short time I had known Rue, I'd never imagined she'd look this weak. She seemed tough, strong, like she could handle herself.