Part 6

So, we were travelling in the caravan to wherever Gortys' upgrade was. This was the most exciting thing that had happened to me in a while. A long while.

It was early evening, and I was sitting on the roof, with Loader Bot and Gortys, gathering my thoughts. Jack told me he was 'sleeping', I didn't know that holograms needed to sleep, but whatever, it was cool. At least I could talk to him again. I still couldn't get over that, how brilliant it was. Suddenly, the hatch on the roof opened, as I saw someone climbing out. It was Sasha. I rolled my eyes, looking away.

"I don't blame you," She said. 

"What?" I asked, confused. This was the nicest she'd ever been to me. 

"I've been a bit of, well, a huge bitch to you. I'm sorry." I didn't say anything. I didn't know wether she was being serious or not.

"It's just that..." She continued. "Fiona and I were recently betrayed by the one person we thought we could trust. And, as soon as we met you, you actually seemed like a decent human being, so I assumed that you just wanted to get friendly with us, then rob us or kill us or something. I don't trust people so much anymore. The fact that you were with Jack didn't help. Actually, it made me want to trust you less. And I saw the others being nice to you, especially Rhys, and I felt annoyed. You were getting on with everyone so well immediately, and it... got to me. It was childish, I know. I am truly sorry." She hugged her knees.

"It's okay" I said slowly. "I know, you can't trust anyone out here. Sucks, doesn't it?"

"It does." She replied.

"It seems that we've got good people here though. Decent people." I said. "People who have actually helped me to be nice, not just for the benefit of themselves. It's refreshing."

"That it is." She replied. We sat in silence for a while, looking at the views around us.

"Hey," she started to say. I looked over. "I think Rhys has a bit of a thing for you." What?

"No" I said firmly, hoping that Jack was actually sleeping and couldn't hear this conversation. "Rhys knows that I'm Jack's."

"But Jack is dead!" Sasha exclaimed. "Sorry" she added. "I guess it still hits hard, huh? I know how it feels to loose someone you love." I guessed she was talking about this person who she who trusted, who betrayed her. There was a pause.

"I'm just saying, that I think Rhys has a thing for you. Just warning you." 

"No, no, that isn't true" I insisted, wanting to change the subject quickly before Jack heard.

"I better be going inside." Sasha suddenly said. "It's getting cold out here. Coming?" 

"Nah, I think I'll stay out here a little longer." I said.

"Suit yourself" Sasha replied, going back into the caravan.

"Jack?" I said, hoping he'd wake up. I wanted to take my mind of the conversation I'd just had with Sasha. Jack suddenly appeared, yawning.

"You alright, cupcake?" I smiled. It was still a nice surprise to see him again.

"Yeah, I'm good" I grinned.

"Good good," Jack replied, sitting down next to me. "Do you know when we're gonna get to Helios babe?

"No idea" I shrugged. "Gortys is finding her next upgrade now, and I guess that's what everyone's focused on. Don't worry, we'll get there soon,  I promise."

"Hope so," spoke Jack. "Can't wait to have a body again! We've got some catching up to do." He winked at me as I smiled. I was so happy to have him back in my life.