Caskett: A royal romance, Chapter 41

NEW CHAP! 

................................................................................................................................

"Momma." Anna said when Kate walked in Lanie's house followed by Rick. Kate smiled and picked Anna up. 

"Hi baby." She said and she hugged her close. Kate wanted nothing more than just cuddling with her daughter right now.

 "How about you take a nap? I'll wake up an hour before we have to leave." Rick said and Kate nodded.

 "Come on baby you could use a nap too." She said and Anna nodded.

 Kate closed the door and lay down to rest. Rick smiled and knocked on Lanie's door and it quickly opened.

 "Come in! I've got it." She said and Rick smiled. 

She took a large box out of her closet and put it on the 

bed. Rick opened it and smiled. "It's perfect." He said and she smiled. "And the other gift?" He asked and she nodded. 

She took a small box out of the desk and handed it to him. 

"One very expensive piece of jewelry coming up." She joked and he chuckled. 

"It's for Kate of course It'll be expensive." He said and she rolled her eyes. 

"Well some of us don't have that kind of money." She smirked.

 "But it was fun spending all that money." She said and Rick smiled. 

"I don't understand what the tennis bracelet was for though? Kate doesn't like that kind of bracelet." She said and he closed the box he was holding.

 "Well Madam that is for you." He said and Lanie's mouth opened. "M..Me?!" She said and he nodded.

 "Just a thanks for all you've done for us." He smiled and she squealed and hugged him. 

Rick laughed and hugged her back. "And that nice watch I said was for me is for Javi." he said and she squealed again.

 "Shh Kate's sleeping." He said and she oohed. "Sorry." She said and he rolled his eyes. 

Rick walked out of the room and went into the kitchen to get a drink.

 Javi walked in the door and smiled. "Hey bro." He said and Rick smiled. 

"Hey." "How's Kate?" He asked and Rick nodded. 

"She's good, sleeping in our room." He said and he nodded. "She told me what you did." He said and Rick sighed. 

"Javi.." "No man I think what you did was good." He said and Rick looked confused. 

"And so did Kate." He winked and he walked out of the kitchen leaving Rick confused. He shook his head and poured some more scotch.

-----------------

 "Kate." "Katee." Rick whispered and she blinked her eyes open. "Hmm?" She mumbled and he chuckled. 

"Wake up sleepyhead." He said and she shook her head. He laughed and she peeked her eye open.

 "Come on we gotta leave in an hour." He said and she nodded. She sat up and stretched her back. "Oh wait.. I don't have a dress." She said and he smiled.

 "No worries." He said and she rolled her eyes. "I think it'll look weird to show up to a fancy restaurant in just jeans and a sweater." She said and he chuckled.

 "I might have had lanie pick a little something up for you." He said and she narrowed her eyes. 

"Check the closet." He winked and she bit her lip. He whistled and walked out of the room.

 Once he was gone she jumped out of the bed and ran to the closet. 

Nothing.. Wow ok she was gonna kill Rick. She opened the door and he was leaning across the wall. 

"Rick there was nothing there." She said and he took something from behind his back. He handed her the box and smiled.

 "I just wanted to mess with you." He said and she rolled her eyes.

 She took the box and put it on the bed and unwrapped the ribbon. She opened it and gasped. 

"Rick." She whispered and he smiled. Kate took the dress out and her mouth opened.

 "It's..gorgeous." She said and he smiled. "I had Lanie go buy it earlier." He said and she giggled.

 "I love it." She said and she put it down then wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him passionately.

 He smiled and wrapped his arms around her waist and picked her up and spinned her around.

 She pulled away and smiled. "Go try it on." He said and she smiled.

 When Kate came out Rick was already dressed in his tux. "My my Mr. Rodgers aren't we handsome." She said and he smiled and turned around. 

When he saw Kate his mouth dropped. "Woah." he said and she blushed. 

The dress was a above the knees strapless dress. It was red and it had lace trimming on it.

 "You look amazing." He said and she smiled. "You look good yourself." She said and he smiled. 

"We should probably go." He said and she nodded. He made sure her gift was in his pocket and then took her hand and guided her out. 

Their driver was waiting and opened the door. "Your highness, so glad your ok." He said and Kate thanked him. 

As they drove to the resturant Rick kept thinking how lucky he was. 

He was a lucky man.

...............................................................................................................................

YA'LL KNOW THE DRILL !