Chapter Nine: My Turn (CC's POV)

"Makita, do you want to go to the movie theater?" I asked, not really expecting her to answer. Makita had been very depressed lately, very withdrawn. It was strange, she was quiet, sure, but never this quiet. It worried me. Her lavender eyes focused on me slowly, they were smoldering. I shivered. Ashley snarled softly. He had his arms wound around her. I longed to take his place. Jake was passed out drunk, Andy was off with Hannah at a book store (which is sorta funny, seeing as Andy is no reader), and Jeremey was with Sammi Doll, begging for forgiveness. Again. I don't see why he hasn't given up yet. "Immortals is playing." She smiled suddenly.

     I grinned in response. "Does that mean you want to go?" She nodded happily. Wow, talk about mood swings. Oh well, I am like that to. A lot. I couldn't help but smile when I saw her shirt. It had my face on it. Mine alone. It made me feel like I had a claim on her. She tried to get up, but Ashley the asshole refused to let go. He had been very possessive lately. Makita gave him a cold glare and pulled away.

    "Yeah, of course, as long as we get good seats." She said, grinnning teasingly. I smiled.

    "Baby, I'm a rockstar, we always get good seats, if you know what I mean." She rolled her eyes.

    "Do you ever think of anything else?" She asked.

     "Well, yeah, there's this one posit-"

    "I don't wanna know." I laughed. I snatched up her purse and then picked her up very similarly. I smirked at Ashley.

    "Guess you get to listen to Jake puke." I said and headed out. Makita was giggling and trying vainly to escape my grasp. Knowing I was pushing my luck, I reached up and swatted her in the ass. She froze, then kicked me in the stomach. "Couldn't resist." I sang.

    "Yeah right." I heard. I am also sure she grumbled "Sex, sex, and more sex. That's all he thinks about." Eh, true enough. Not my fault, it's programmed in guys. We reached the car. I opened the door of the ferrari. I put her down and she plunked down in her seat. "Off we go." She said.

    "Yep." The theater wasn't far away; only about fifteen minutes. In the time it took to get there, we asked each other random facts. I now know her favorite color is baby blue, her favorite flower is a rose, her favorite birthstone is onyx, and her favorite place ever was at a Black Veil Brides concert. I couldn't help smiling at that. I pulled in. We were talking fast, smiling at each other. "We're here." I whispered. She gazed at me, and I swear her gaze dropped to my mouth. She nodded dazedly.

    We stepped out and entered the building. Inside it was nearly empty, drawing my attention to the fact it was three O'clock on a Monday. Everyone was at work or school. I bought tickets and snacks. I found Makita perched happily in the middle of the top row. She looked smug, and I remember our little banter about seats. "Got your chair, your highness?" I asked. She smacked my shoulder.

     The credits rolled by. The air was charged between us. I gripped her hand lightly. I could feel my heart pounding, why I don't know, but it was. Something was stuck in my throat. The movie began to play. Makita liked it, I could tell. She was smiling when it ended. But she couldn't trick me. I know she felt it. We left the theater, no longer holding hands. My heart thunked harder in my chest. I knew what I wanted to say.

    "Makita, did you have fun?" She glanced at me and nodded. "Would you like to do it again?" She nodded. "Do you want to...keep them casual?" She paused, then shook her head. "Would you like to be my girlfriend?" She nodded. I nearly passed out right then. She reached up, gripped my head, and pressed her lips to mine. Behind my I heard an old woman say to her husband:

    "Oh, Herbert, that young man asked her to be his sweetheart."

I know, short and rushed. Please comment and vote, if you like.