Chapter Twelve: Choose...Me or Him? (split POV's)

Jake's POV-he's back!!!

I held Makita tightly. I knew that Ashley was demanding that she make a decision, and that she wouldn''t pick me. I need to savor the time I had with her. I glanced down at her, seeing black hair and pale skin. She looked up at me. "Jake, why are boys so aggravating?" She asked me. I chuckled.

"Do you mean me?" I questioned. She grinned. She lightly patted my head.

"No, I meant Ashley and CC." I sighed. I don't want to talk about this. It was depressing, discussing the boys the girl you were love with likes. I held her even tighter, so tight I thought she'd break. I began to hum absently.

"What this time, baby?" She buried her face in my shoulder and sighed. I stroked her hair gently. The poor thing was stressed. She'd  come with us to be happy and safe and all we were doing was hurting her.

"They're making me choose." I knew they would. What guy would want to share the girl of his dreams with another man? I couldn't say I was very sympathetic towards them though.

"So who do you like best?" I asked her quietly. She was silent, and she wrung her hands, something she did only when nervous. She groaned and began to play with my fingers. My hands dwarfed hers. I had broad palms and long, callused fingers. She had tiny, delicate pianist hands. I gripped those little fingers so that she'd stop picking at mine. '

"I don't know. At least, not all the time. Sometimes, CC is all that keeps me going. He's happy and playful and the best drummer ever. Ashley is sweet and gentle. And you, you're caring, loving, and very gentle. I just don't know. I don't want to lose you by choosing someone else." I held her close, cradling her body to give her comfort.

"You won't lose me because you choose somebody else." I whispered. She nodded, but she wasn't convinced. "Seriously, honey, choose whoever."

"I don't want to hurt anyone." Makita protested.

"It'll hurt us more to see you hurting." I replied calmly. She gazed at me with pained eyes. I knew for sure it wasn't me she'd choose. I could tell by looking at her. "Ashley?" I asked, my voice cracking. She nodded sadly.

"I'm sorry Jake." I knew she was. Makita couldn't help what she wanted.

"I know." She sat up so she could see me better. "Maybe you should tell Ashley."

"Yeah, I should." With that Makita left me and my heart shattered.

*****************************************************************************************************************

Ashley's POV

I was sitting inside Denny's when I got a text from CC. I wanted to ignore it, but some feeling told me not to. It said: Lucky bastard! You won! I give up!

I stared. What? My phone buzzed again. This time, what I read nearly cause my heart to stop. 'I choose you.' From Makita. She chooses me? Yes! "What's up, Ashley?" I glanced up from my iPhone. Andy was grinning. As usual, Hannah was in his lap. She was smiling. She held up her phone, showing a message saying Makita had chosen me. "Happy Ash?"

"Very." I replied.

CC's POV

I sat on my bunk, tapping my drum sticks on the small ladder. I could hear a dark, heavy beat surfacing steadily. I felt my phone vibrate. 'Heads up.' From Jake. Huh? I heard a soft rap and looked up. Makita stood right by me. Her presence lit up the room. "Hi." I said, smiling brightly.

"Hey. I need to talk to you." I could tell her voice was a little off, but I didn't think much of it. "CC, you're an awesome guy, nice and the best drummer on the planet. But, you're more brotherly than boyfriend-like. Affection wise from my point of view. I choose Ashley." She had sad eyes, the purple irises glistening with tears. I felt my body freeze and my breath disappear. I gripped her tightly, refusing to let go. She let me cry, then went to tell Ashley. I texted him, forgetting about the fact I had destroyed his room.

'Lucky bastard! You won! I give up!' I sighed. "He won." I whispered. I felt a tear drop from my nose onto my sticks.

Andy's POV-yay!!! you deserve it!

I hummed a new song low in my throat. Hannah glanced at me."Writing a new song?" Her hazel eyes gleamed. I kissed her curly head.

"Maybe." I said. She giggled.

"Can I hear?" I nodded and sang louder.

"All's well that ends well, I've heard. The bloodshed is past (screamed)! I see her smile. And I might just believe (screamed)!" I finished. She smiled. Her eyes closed and I let myself relax. The band battle was over. For now.

I know this took forever, but my computer has been fucked up and  I caught a cold. And I had writer's block. Don't hate me!!! The lyrics sucked, but Andy Sixx the one and only Legacy didn't write them, I did, and I can't write songs. Thanks guys! Review please!