Chapter 6

Chapter Six

Sarah’s POV:

I hear beeping coming from the left. Where am I? I hear the door close. I open one eye and look around. I’m in the hospital. What happened? Oh, yeah that’s right. I hear the door open again. I quickly shut my eyes and pretend to sleep. Then I feel someone grab my hand.

“Hey Sarah.” I recognize that voice. “I know you can't hear me but I guess that’s a good thing.” He chuckles. “I just want to know… why did you do it? I know the other boys have asked you that. Why you cut…” his Irish accent soften. “And I just don’t get it… It’s all Harry’s fault. He kept daring us to do things and I know I was drunk coming the last five minutes of the game but everything I said after you left is true. I love you Sarah. I always have… From the first day we met and you were telling you story about Lou and all of that… I felt your pain from your past. And I still can't believe that our Lou hurt a girl as beautiful as you. But ya…” I felt something wet hit my hand. He’s crying? But more importantly he loves me… Niall James Horan loves a girl like me. Why? Do I like him back? I think I do, or maybe it’s just this medication the doctor’s have me on… and maybe he doesn’t mean it. maybe he’s still drunk… “I wish you could hear me. I wish you can talk to me so I can hear that wonderful voice of yours. So I can see that smile I love. So I can get lost in your wonderful brown eyes.”

When he said that I felt my heart rate pick up. And it did the heart thing beeped faster. Niall’s hand left mine and I hear the chair pull out.  “L-Liam! Zayn! Harry! Louis! Come in here!!” he yells. Again the monitor picks up. The door opens and the rest of the boys comes in.

“What?”

“What happened?”

“Is she alright?”

“Is she dead?” okay that one had to be Lou.

“Yeah, guys she’s alright, but her heart rate sped up a little… what does that mean?” Niall asks.

“I don’t know. Maybe she’s starting to die…”

“If she does… Harry I’m never talking to you again.” Niall thinks this is all Harry’s fault?  Okay then, let’s have some fun. I turn my head to the other side of my pillow. I hear all the boys gasp. “Yo-yo- you guys saw that too right?” Niall said. Awww, I made Niall James Horan stutter.

“Yeah we did. Sarah are you awake?” Liam said. At least I think it was him. I feel a smile come across my face, I dismiss it. Now since I’m probably being watched by them it’s time for the last thing before I “wake up”. I breath in all the air I can without having it look like I’m awake and hold it.

“Umm… Guys she isn’t breathing.” Zayn said.

“Li li. She’s not moving.”

“Guys it’s okay. Her heart is still beating so she’s not dead?”

It sounded more like a question than a statement. When I couldn’t hold it in any longer I breathed out and opened my eyes. I look around the room and see five guys looking at me. Three of them are wearing happy expressions and the other two have a disappointment look. Niall ran over to my side and hugged me.

“We thought you were dead.” He mumbled in my neck. I look at the rest of the boys, they all wear the same expressions anger and relief.

“Niall.” Harry said, the way he said it sounded like he hated me. Niall looked up at Harry and the boys and backed away from me. “Sarah, why?” Harry asks. I look at him confused.

“Why what Harry?” I ask.

“Why did you cut?” Zayn asks. I look up at him; he has anger filling his eyes. I look around the room and everyone has the same anger in their eyes. I look down at my hands.