Chapter Five

"So Jace let me ask you this and don't get the wrong idea. But are you gay?" Mitch questioned raising a brow being very serious making Jace blush and stare at the table fiddling with his silver ware.

      "Uh, I am but I never came out to anyone. My mom knew though and still jokes with me and everything..." Jace shrugs and does not look up at the two of them not caring to know how he was being judged.

      "Well you came out to us and basically all your fans when you did not deny liking me." Mitch shrugs and looks over the large menu again which hid his face.

      "Jace, you can look up at us I promise we aren't judging you." Scott comforts him lightly touching a hand over his which was still fiddling with his spoon.

      "Sorry, just seems so odd to be telling you guys that. I haven't even told my closest friends or anything." Jace laughs lightly trying to not make the mood so serious.

      "Well don't girl... You are fine. I just wanted to know since you are watching me hardcore." Mitch jokes and raises a brow laughing making Jace pick up the large menu hiding much like Mitch did. Reading over not sure what to order really. He tried to look for the cheapest meal he could get that still sounded good.

      "You gentlemen ready to order?" The waitress asks softly and looks over to Jace who was hiding in the menu a reddened mess from Mitch talking so openly about him watching him.

"We are he might be ready, or just hiding cause Sis here...." Scott chuckles and orders followed by Mitch then the waitress looked over at Jace and tapped her pen waiting for him.

      "I'll just have the house salad?" Jace answered with an upper inflection which made the waitress stand there for a moment longer wondering if he would change his mind.

      "What kind of dressing?" She asks and waits for Jace to go over them and he shrugs not really sure what he wanted, he liked them all.

      "Italian is good I'll have that kind thank you." Jace smiles and hands the waitress the large menu which sadly now his barrier was gone.

      "A salad? You are going to be hungry in like an hour after just having that." Scott shakes his head and pulls out his phone scanning over the screen then looking back up to Jace who was waiting for him to say more.

      "I probably will, but that's alright. I just don't want to order a lot and be super full... or order nothing and be starving... Also it wasn't very expensive." Jace rambled and looked between the two of them as they looked at each other.

      "Are you worried about not having enough money Jace? We would pay for you if you need..." Mitch offers being sincere that he would take care of Jace if he needed the cash.

      "No, no, no please don't waste your money on me. I really have enough money, just didn't want to spend a lot. That's all." Jace waves his hands in front of him and blushed as the two guys watched him.

      "For some reason I don't believe you..." Scott softly chuckles and watches as Jace hangs his head in defeat against the two of them.

      "We will pay for you, and we will get you something nice. What do you like to eat?" Mitch stares over to Jace wanting to know what he would like.

      "I don't know... My favorite food would have to be pizza, but that probably isn't served here." Jace laughs and looks around the building taking in the nice décor. It was a small place definitely not many seats, it was surprising how this place wasn't too busy either. They had painting hanging from the wall, that added to the classic look of the building.