Chapter Six

"You don't know?" Scott asks and raises a hand as the waitress was setting down food at the table. Jace moved his phone to the side and nods.

      "Yeah I am not sure. I like to entertain and make people laugh and be on camera. But, I haven't gone to school for acting or anything like that. Just experience from YouTube... Is that really enough?" Jace wonders aloud and cuts his pizza with his fork so it would be less messy to eat.

      "Well experience is really important, but I have no idea in that business. Maybe try to get into a play. That would be a more important source to use than successful YouTube reviewer. Again I don't mean any offense..."

      "That didn't seem offensive."

       "It just sounded like it to me, but really I believe you would do well on a stage or in front of a camera. Great looks, good voice and you are intelligent." Mitch rambles a string of complements making Jace turn a bright red without much effort.

      "Thank you. That's really nice to say..." Jace musters up the guts to actually vocally thank him for being so kind.

      "Do you have good memory? Memorizing lines is a huge deal." Scott explains and watches Jace.

      "Yeah that's not a problem. The only issue is though at hand is where I live... Middle of no where is not a place to try to start an acting career." Jace chuckles as the three ate and continued their small talk.

      "So move here, this isn't a bad place at all to try to start out. Plus the YouTube headquarters wouldn't be that far of a drive again." Mitch smiles and watches as Jace ponders over the idea of leaving Elkhart.... It was such a small town you rarely met a stranger. The idea of the big city scared Jace slightly. Leaving his family would be the hardest part.

      "I should but that takes a while as well... Find a place and also it needs to be okay to have a dog. Because I think my mom would kill me if I told her I was moving and Caesar couldn't come with." Jace shakes his head not wanting to imagine the yelling he would have to listen too.

      "Aw yay! I can't wait until I meet Caesar!" Mitch chirps and claps his hands, Jace enjoyed the idea that Mitch was destined to meet Caesar. It would mean for sure another chance to see Mitch again.

      "Many apartments here do not mind if you have a dog as long as they stay somewhat quiet." Scott explains the apartments here. Was it just Jace or were they trying to talk him into staying here.

      "I will have to look them over. Maybe next time I visit."

      "But when will that be!? You are here now why don't we look at some?!" Scott shouts and finishes off the neon drink Jace had ordered for him.

      "Well... I just have my hotel for tonight and a flight already planned... I can't stay for long. What all could we even look at?" Jace spoke softly not really wanting to seem down about the idea, but not wanting to encourage them.

      "Hmm... well then we can rebook you a flight and hotel for another day, or if worst comes to worse we have a couch." Scott shrugs and pays the bill before Jace could slip in his amount of the check.

      "I could not ask you guys to do all of that! That is to much!" Jace raised his voice and shook his head, why were they both so openly begging him to move here.

      "Come on Jace, it's not like we are saying if you don't stay we won't be nice to you or your friend. But, we want to help you out and make your dreams come true the best we can. And the first place to start would be to move you here to a big city." Mitch talks quickly and raises a brow waiting for a denial from Jace who sat back in his seat and groaned frustrated.