Chapter 1: I've Only Heard So Much

First Person POV:

"Haha! Mason, you're kidding me! That did NOT happen!" I laughed hard at what my friend had told me. "Y/n! I told you, it's true! The gnomes tried to kidnap Mabel! It was terrifying!" He yelled flailing his arms into the air. I chuckled. "'terrifying' Dipper, what has gotten into your head? Haha, I can only imagine those creatures' legs waddling around. How did they capture someone as tall as Mabel?" I rhetorically asked.

"Okay, you would not believe this but they actually joined together to form this huge gnome and it tried to kill us!" He yelled. "Uhm, I don't believe it. Wouldn't you guys be dead by now?" I asked.

Mabel barged in from the side of the screen. "I FAKE SAID YES TO THE ENGAGEMENT AND THEN BEAT IT WITH A LEAF BLOWER!" She yelled. I burst out laughing. "Hahahaha, Mabel don't be a burden to the man driving your bus!" I laughed. "Dipper was yelling too..."

"We'll show you when we get there, Y/n. Mabel took so many pictures! Excited to see you since we were gone for the summer." Dipper said, pointing the screen at a letter that said "see you next summer" that had a bunch of people's signatures on it. "That's cute dip-stick. Any summer romances~~?" I asked in a flirtacious manner.

Dipper blushes red and looks away. His hat falls down. It was a woodcutters hat. "N-nothing like that... Oh look at that! Mabel is about to sleep! Don't wanna wake her up...! Bye Y/n!!" He ended the video call.

I sighed as I plopped on the bench to rethink of the cool adventure he and Mabel had. I said I didn't believe it, but I secretly liked it. It's hard to have a summer as unique as theirs... Maybe I can join them the next time they go there. What's the place called again? Gravity Falls? It seems like a cool place.

I felt a breeze pass by. "Brrr... Should've brought some sort of jacket." I said. I was currently waiting for Mason and Mabel at the bus stop. It was near my house, so my parents allowed me to stay there for the meantime. The same breeze came by as I began having a headache. "Ah... Ow..." It got worse. I saw a triangle with an eye flash in front of me. And then I heard the words...
"Reality is an illusion..."

"W-what...?" I stood confused. "It's probably nothing..." I shrugged.

|~~Time Skip~~|•

I immediately heard the horn of the bus. "Huh? Mason! Mabel!! They're here!" I yelled. The bus stopped in front of me and out came 2 brunettes one girl holding a stroller bag and the other one who is male and has a back-pack. "Y-y/n?" I nodded. "You're here!!" Mabel exclaimed as she dropped her bag and tackled me to the ground. "Mabel- no!!" Mason yelled out as he tried to help me up from the floor. "Hahaha, I missed you too Mabel. Come on! My house is nearby. We'll have lots of time to catch up there!" I helped myself up, and so did Mabel.

"You okay Y/n?" Mason asked. Mabel began running to my house. "Yeah, I'm alright..." I brushed off the dirt on my clothes. I walked over to Mabel's stroller bag and got it for her since she went ahead. "C'mon, we've got some stuff to talk about." I smiled. He smiled and we began walking to my house.

•|~~Skip Agaaaaaaiinn~~|•

*4 years later*

So, this is it. The day I've waited for ever since Mason was blabbing his mouth about this place. The bus was outside my house as I was finishing up packing. Mom and dad went inside of my room. "I hope you have a great summer sweetie! Stay safe." Mom said. I got my bag and hugged the both of them. "Well kiddo, you're all grown up. Stay safe, alright?" Dad said as I nodded. "You too, guys." I said as I began walking to the door.

"You ready to go Y/n?" Mabel asked. "Yeah! I'm ready to see all those weird and mysterious things you guys talk about." I say. "Where's Mason?"

"In the bus, waiting." She giggled. We walked into the bus and I sat next to the window. "Hey Y/n. Can't wait to go exploring with you!" He said with a smile. "Yeah, same!" I laughed. The bus started going as I looked at my parents waving at me through the open window. I waved back. Suddenly a breeze went by, similar to the one I felt a few years back... My head started to hurt.

"The universe is a hologram..."

"W-what?" I muttered. "What what Y/n?" Mabel asked. "H-huh? Nothing..." I said.

I remembered a phrase that I heard before. 'Reality is an illusion, The universe is a hologram' Hm... What could it mean-- Suddenly everything turned black.

Mason's POV:

I was about to ask Y/n a question until I saw her faint. "Y/n? Y/N!? MABEL WHAT HAPPENED!?" I yelled. "I-I don't know! What do we do!?" I checked for a pulse. "Whew, she's breathing... She's probably just asleep, dreaming. That word, it brought me back to-- you know what? No. That's 4 years ago, Dipper. You defeated him. It's done. Get over it." I muttered. I let Y/n sleep on my shoulder the rest of the ride to Gravity Falls.