There She Goes

Once Tom arrived back at the office, he looked around the floor for her, but couldn’t find her anywhere. He was starting to wonder if she had already left to start her new life in LA, without him, and cringed.

But she didn’t even put her 2 weeks in yet

His frown deepened as his eyes glazed across the office, at all of the other cubicles, and at all of the other women workers who had tried so hard in the past to get his attention, and yet the only person he ever cared for their attention was Allison, yet he hardly ever got it. Never in the way had he wanted anyways. He went into the vacation with her with the notion that nothing would happen between them, he knew she didn’t care for him like he did for her. And he understood that, he wasn’t going to push her into anything, he cared for her too much to do that. That was the reason why he had such a cold exterior about him. Because he knew that it took only one slip up, and Allison would know of his true feelings toward her. What he didn’t anticipate was her to actually flirt back when he would make a snarky comment about something. He wasn’t even sure she knew what she was doing either, but he definitely didn’t mind. Tom also didn’t anticipate him revealing his deepest secret to her, the one that he has kept inside for the past year now. And she reacted just like he knew she would. As his thoughts drifted back to just 2 days ago when he admitted his love to Allison, she strolled into the workplace to her desk, with two coffees in her hand.

Tom grinned as she made her way from sitting her folders down on her desk to his door to his office.

“Mr. Hiddleston?”

He was about to answer her to come in but she barged in anyway, like usual.

Xxx

She made her way to where he was standing by the window and gave him his cup, ignoring the tingle she felt when their fingers brushed.

"Thank you."

Allison looked into his face and noticed he looked nervous. Which didn’t help the fact that she was nervous as well even though she didn’t show it; she couldn’t. "Erm…did you get my voicemail?” he asked her, biting his bottom lip as his eyes swept her face, watching her intently.

"Yes…I listened to it on the plane.” Tom walked over to his desk and sat down, motioning to her to sit as well. “So…I think we should talk about…” "That won’t be necessary Mr. Hiddleston." "I...wait..what?" "Mr. Hiddleston, we both know that the past week was, interesting to say the least. We had a good time; however some good things have to end. And the reason I came in your office was to tell you that I am resigning without putting my 2 weeks in. I thought you would understand. Since I already have the other job in LA it wouldn’t matter much if I did. And if I am being honest, I wanted to leave as soon as possible..."

“Why?"

Allison looked to him for the first time since she had sat down in the chair across his desk. He looked as though he wanted to jump across the table and grab her so she would never leave.

"Why what?”

“Why are you leaving as soon as possible? And darling I must say, you’re reasoning for leaving is very vague for my taste.” He straightened himself up in his seat and tried to even his breathing for getting out of control. All he wanted was to have a conversation about what happened at the restaurant before she left him there after he told her he loved her. And now she is acting as though none of that happened; and it was hurting him beyond words.

“What are you talking about To…Mr. Hiddleston?”

“Oh don’t you Mr. Hiddleston me. I mean honestly Allison.” He rolled his eyes. “And what I mean is, you haven’t mentioned about what happened at the restaurant you know, and you cannot just forget that happened! Because I haven’t!”

"Oh please! You were just trying to get me riled up is all, you didn’t mean those words, we both know that.” Even as Allison said those words to him, somewhere deep down inside her she knew he did mean those words, and that was another factor into her leaving asap. She couldn’t have feelings for her boss; especially someone who spent every single second making her life miserable.

“Wait…are you saying you don’t believe what I said to you in London? Because I did mean it! I don’t just throw those words around at just anyone you know!”

Allison realized her mouth was hanging open and shut it quickly. “You can’t be serious. After all the shit you put me through and now this. I’m sorry Tom, but, I…I can’t.” Allison got up quickly and turned around to leave his office, ignoring the burning tears threatening to fall.

Wait Ali! Please don’t go…”

She shut the door closed and went to gather the already packed box of her belongings. He didn’t realize she was already packed and ready to go. He stood up quickly, almost knocking his coffee off the desk in the process and ran out the door, just as she caught the elevator down to the lobby. He pushed his way past all of the confused employees and hurried towards the already closed elevator door. Time seemed to go agonizingly slow during those seconds, as he waited for the elevator to come back up. Then he realized he only had one thing on his mind, and it’s been that way since he first morning she walked in to his office. Allison. With her pretty auburn hair and cute cheeks that puffed out when she was annoyed with him (quite frequent) and her green eyes that sparkled with curiosity and passion. She was the one and the only thing that mattered to him and he knew he had to bring her back to him, or else he didn’t know what he would do. Tom was so immersed in his thoughts that he wasn’t even paying attention when the elevator opened for him. He caught it right before it closed and jumped in, and pressed the down arrow.