Chapter 6: Apprentice

"Mom! Stop licking me!!" Mottlekit protested. Her fur was sticking up in fluffy clumps that had been attacked by Pineflower's vigorous licking. 

"I'm just trying to help you look nice," Pineflower mumbled around a mouthful of fur.

"Mom! I look like a kit! I'm trying to become an apprentice! Stop licking me!!!" Mottlekit growled. 

"Okay, okay. Just let me smooth it out." Pineflower ran her paw over her daughter's fur to smooth the ruffled, bristly parts. "There! All nice. You know, your sister wouldn't even let me touch her fur. Something about Applepaw noticing. Great StarClan, that bitter cat seems to be rubbing off on Lilypaw." But there was something special about Applepaw: her parents were kittypets. Her parents just dropped her off at ShadowClan for pretty much no reason. Maybe that was why Applepaw was so mean all the time. Whatever, today was about Mottlekit, not Applepaw or Lilypaw.

"I still don't understand why neither Lilypaw or Badgertail can come to my ceremony." Mottlekit grumbled.

Pineflower sighed. "I'm sorry, Mottlekit, but your father is Clan deputy. And for your sister... probably goofing off with that Applepaw character. I don't know what happened to her."

Mottlekit shook her head. She wasn't going to let some dumb pair of apprentices ruin her ceremony. She  sat in the center of the clearing, moving her formerly broken leg energetically. 

Soon Lionstar came out of his den. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join here under the Clanrock for a Clan meeting!" 

Mottlekit beamed up at the leader. She watched the crowd gather around her. Amberleaf came out of the medicine den. "Good luck. I'm glad your leg is better." she said before sitting next to Pineflower. Tigerfrost and Icefeather peered out of the nursery, all four kits beside them. Mottlekit caught Eaglekit's eager gaze and turned back around to face the leader. I'm ready, Lionstar!

"Mottlekit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to become an apprentice. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Mottlepaw." Lionstar began idly, gazing down at the hopeful apprentice. Who will be my mentor? Mottlekit wondered, glancing around at the Clan. Tigerfrost would be nice, he was one of the best warriors in the Clan. Or Poppystripe, she was probably the lightest and could hunt all kinds of prey with ease. She'd even be okay with Oakblaze, even though he was the prankster of the Clan and should really still be an apprentice because of his behavior. Mottlekit's mind spun with anticipation.

"Your mentor will be Firecloud. Firecloud, you posses inner strength and knowledge, and I hope you will pass down all you know to Mottlepaw." Mottlekit's eyes widened. Firecloud? Okay, so there was nothing really wrong with him, but... he wouldn't be Mottlekit's first choice. He was a bit... odd.

Mottlekit walked up the the white cat with his red ears and tail. She stared, her copper-colored eyes wide, at his own famous eyes. One eye was amber, one blue. Known for creeping kits out. But when she stretched up to touch his nose, she heard him whisper, "I'll try really hard." Leaning back a bit, she whispered back, "So will I." 

"Mottlepaw! Mottlepaw!" Mottlepaw looked around at her Clanmates with love. They were all cheering for her, Icefeather and Eaglekit, Amberleaf and Pineflower, even grumpy old Snowtail. For once, she had finally gotten the attention she had always wanted. But then a twinge of vengeance pulsed in her pelt. Just you wait, Lilypaw. I'll show you one day... I'll give you what you deserve.

YAAAAAAAAYYYYYY! MOTTLEKIT/PAW WILL FINALLY GET HER REVENGE!!!! DUH DUH DUH!!!!! 

-also, Firecloud is a Turkish Van and also my favorite character!!!! :) Just wait until further into the story, a bit after Mottlepaw goes to her first Gathering. You'll see why i like him so much. And turkish vans are really cool, look them up. They're my favorite cat breed:)

okay i will stop ranting now. bye guys. (also my birthday was two days ago so I BETTER GET A HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONG IN THE COMMENTS)

i mean Have a Nice day!!!! :):):)