Chapter 15: Things Get More Real

"FOXES! EVERYONE, FOXES ARE ATTACKING CAMP!"

Mottlepaw had been trying to catch up on her sleep since she missed a lot during swimming lessons last night when she heard Poppystripe's (the warrior on guard that night) frantic call. She woke up with a shock and tried to shake Applepaw and Lilypaw awake. Applepaw lunged at her, snarling, until she realized it was just Mottlepaw. Lilypaw batted her with a paw but reluctantly got up.

"Why do you have to wake me up? I was trying to get sleep." Lilypaw pointed out, as if this wasn't obvious.

"I'm trying to save your skins," Mottlepaw hissed. "Foxes are attacking camp."

Lilypaw jumped up, the cobwebs in her fur from the battle before rippling in her pelt. "Let's go then!"

The three apprentices raced out to see the warriors battling with about ten foxes. Mottlepaw ran beside Firecloud and tried to help. He glanced at her and growled, "get on its back." She scrambled up and clawed its back while Firecloud continued striking its face. But the fox bucked her off and sent her sprawling across camp. Mottlepaw looked up desperately to see Firecloud tackled by the fox, trying to do a belly rake but the fox's long legs were constantly in the way.

"Hello, ShadowClan." A familiar voice said above them, and Mottlepaw looked up to see Jacques and Susan on the Highrock. StarClan! Not them again!

"You seem to be unwilling to give us back our fair share of territory-"

"You don't need it! You have Twolegs!" Tigerfrost yowled while tackling a fox.

"Let me finish." Susan said coldly. "I was going to say, with the help of a certain cat, we led the foxes here. It seems we will have to... persuade you to eventually give it back..."

Mottlepaw shuddered. What certain cat?

"Get out, mangy vermin!" Lionstar roared and flicked his long claws at the she-cat.

Susan seemed almost amused. "The foxes are vermin here."

"No," Lionstar growled. "I meant you." he leaped on her and held her down, while Badgertail fought with Jacques.

Mottlepaw leapt back into the fray, clawing the fox who had Firecloud down. Then she heard a horrible, pain-filled yowl. She turned to see Icefeather and her four kits overwhelmed by three foxes.

"I'm coming, Icefeather!" Tigerfrost yelled as he ran for her, but a fox knocked him down.

Mottlepaw didn't wait any longer. She sprinted to the nursery and tried to fight off the foxes. "Pick on someone your own size!" She snarled and leapt at a fox. But it tossed her off and bit at her neck so hard, the edges of Mottlepaw's vision dimmed. Just when she thought she'd see StarClan, another painstaking yowl rang through the camp and she wiggled out of the fox's grip. She vaguely heard Jacques yowl, "Retreat!" But the world moved in slow motion.

She turned to see Icefeather and the four kits, blood pooling from each of them. "No!" She yowled and turned to Eaglekit, who was her favorite. He was so close to becoming an apprentice, and Mottlepaw wouldn't have had to share her duties with just Applepaw and Lilypaw.

Eaglekit stared back at her with clear green eyes. "I see StarClan," he whispered to her. And almost as if he saw a vision, he looked at Mottlepaw and gasped. "Don't do it-" were his last words to Mottlepaw before his eyes dimmed over and the world got a little darker for Mottlepaw.

The vigil and burial went quick. Mottlepaw caught Lilypaw staring at the four dead kits and Icefeather with an expression Mottlepaw couldn't quite identify. But she was too depressed to care.

The foxes were gone, but they had left ShadowClan weak and vulnerable. When will Jacques and Susan attack next, and who is this mysterious cat helping them?

IM SO SORRY

I HAVENT UPDATED THIS IN LIKE TWO WEEKS

I HAD A MAJOR WRITERS BLOCK

AGAIN

IM SORRY

SO HERES THIS IDK HOW IT TURNED OUT BUT WHATEVER