Chapter 8

Ikuto/ Takumi's POV

'Stay away from the Ayuzawa girl or I will thrust horror upon horror to her fragile little soul and her stupid little family.'

No one is going to keep me away from her. And as for the threat, I'll make sure nothing happens to her or the children.

Amaya's POV

"Dinner's ready!" Mom called. Ichigo and I ran downstairs to the dining room.

"Hey, mommy! How was work today?" I asked.

"It was great," she said. I sat down at the table and shoved macaroni and cheese down my mouth. Ichigo did the same. Kazumi walked in and made a disgusted look at my table manners.

"Hey, Kazumi," I said with my mouth full, just to annoy her.

"Ew, don't talk with your mouth full. It's disgusting," she complained. She sits down and starts to eat, avoiding looking at me. I rolled my eyes.

"So, kids, I'm going on a work trip at the end of the month and I was wondering if you wanted to come with me," Mom proposed.

"A work trip for the restaurant or for the school?" Ichigo asked.

"I'm going with the restaurant," she said.

"Where?" I asked eagerly.

"The state of New York. The manager has a sister there who just started a new restaurant there. Her restaurant has almost no employees. So, we're going to help her," she explained.

"Sounds boring. But I'm willing to go if we're missing school," Kazumi said.

"You're only missing one day of school, if you're going. The rest of the trip is during spring break," Mom said, particularly to Kazumi.

"Cool, I wanna go," I said.

"I don't. It sounds so boring," Kazumi grumbled.

"But, I wanna go," Ichigo said.

"So, it's decided. Three against one, Kazumi. You're coming with us," Mom said.

"What? But, I have better stuff to do. That's not fair," Kazumi persisted. "I refuse to go."

"You have to Kazumi. Everyone else is going," Mom said.

"Except me. I'll just stay home," she said.

"You're coming and that's final," Mom said sternly.

"That is so unfair," Kazumi complained. She got up and stormed out of the room. I bit my lip.

"So, Ichigo. Amaya. The babysitter quit. We're going to need a new one," Mom stated.

"What? Why did she quit?" I asked curiously.

"She just finished school. She's going to college in California," Mom explained. Bummer. She was a really nice babysitter. But that's why she hadn't been coming lately. She's busy.

"So, you found a new one?" I asked.

"No, not yet. We're going to have to start looking."