Chapter 13

Ikuto/ Takumi's POV

I sat in the car and waited for Misaki to come out. It didn't take long, she was out in about two minutes. Once she got in, I started driving.

"What was that about, back there?" Misaki asked, annoyance seeping into her voice.

"Stay away from him," I said before thinking.

"What?"

"I- he just seemed- well..." I was at a loss for words. "Just forget it." She eyed me suspiciously and then stared out the window.

"Is he really just a childhood friend?" I asked. I was dying to know.

"We dated. For less than a week, though. We went back to being friends after that..." she said. "But I remember... Hinata came back when I was in Seika High in Japan. He said that I was his first love, stuff like that..." she started blushing, "Usui got jealous... But he should've knew, he should've knew that I didn't like Hinata in that way. Not really..."

"Not really?" I asked. I realized I was gripping the steering wheel a bit tight. I saw Misaki put her legs up and hug her knees. She looked like a little kid. A cute, adorable little kid.

"I don't know... I'm confused... When I saw Hinata come inside the house... for the first time in years... my heart just...," Misaki said. I saw her eyes water but she didn't dare cry. "But then I think of Usui Takumi... I don't know what to do..."

"You have feelings for both of them," I said, my voice deadpanned.

"No, I can't-that's not... right," she said. I sighed and pulled up at the restaurant parking lot.

"But you do. It's obvious if you're talking like that," I said.

"What if I do?" she asked. "What if I do like Hinata?"

I looked away. "I don't know..." This is pretty painful. Now I can't tell her it's me. That would be more painful. Watching her pick between us. "Ask him out."

Her eyes widen."What? No."

"Why not?" I asked annoyed.

"I won't be able to get Takumi out of my head. I'll always love him more than anyone else..." she said, though the last part she said a bit quietly. I smirked. She sniffled, even though she wasn't crying. She looked up and stared off into space. "I can't get the feeling out of my head that he might've forgotten about me a long time ago." My heart sunk. Did she really think that? That I forgot about her? No way in hell would I forget about her. Never.

She looked at me and smiled. "It's funny how I already trust you so much. I wouldn't just tell anyone this stuff out of my own free will," she said. No, I know for a fact she wouldn't. "Let's go, we're already late."

"Sorry we're late!" Misaki said as she rushed into the break room. Everyone was gathered around. Probably a meeting.

"Nice of you two to join us today," Sitwat said, politely.

"Sorry," I mumbled. Her smile was frightening.

"We were just talking about who's coming to the work trip and who's not," she said filling us in. "Are you going Ikuto?"

"Yeah."

"Are you coming Misaki?"

"Well, you see... I was planning to go with my three kids... But, you see I'm having about 5 guests coming over," she said.

"Five?" one of the waiters asked.

"Yeah, you see, it's a band and the lead singer's fiancé is one of my best friends and the other band member's girlfriend might come too so, I probably won't be able to come with all those people..."

"A band? They could come, too! And it would be great if they could perform at my sister's restaurant!" Sitwat said.

"...I'll ask them," she said.

"Okay!" she exclaimed. "I've decided that since it's going to be a work trip, I also wanted us to have some fun! So, we're having a competition between the employees."

"What do you mean?" one of the cooks asked.

"You're going to be place in pairs and each pair will compete the other pairs. Each day will have a different type of competition. Mostly, the customers will pick who wins each day," she said. Then she saw the quizzical looks on people's faces and continued, "For example, on one of the days we'll have a karaoke competition. Everyone will sing a song, then the customers will vote which pair they like the best."

"If you're bringing your family they can participate in the competition, too. As long as they're older than 18. Oh! And I get to pick the pairs!" she exclaimed. "Okay, that's all for now! Chop chop! The customers will be here any minute now!"

Misaki's POV

After I finished my shift, I went to call Sakura.

"Hi, Misaki! The concert is on Friday, you got the tickets right?" Sakura asked.

"Yes, I did. You gave me five tickets. It's only me and the three kids," I said.

"Bring a friend! Duh!" she said.

"Ok...Um wait how long are you going to stay?" I asked.

"Why? Is it a problem if we stay long?" she asked, worriedly.

"No, no! It's just I'm going on a work trip from October 25 to November 2. I was thinking it would be great if you and the band could come. The manager would like it if UxMishi performed, though," I told her.

"Wait one second," Sakura said. I heard her talking to the others. "It's okay with the band. But are you sure you want us to stay that long? We're coming right after the concert. That means we'll stay for two weeks."

"It's perfectly fine, Sakura," I said. "So, when's the wedding?" I asked.

"Sometime maybe in late November or early December. But I think it should be in January..." she said. "I've decided you're going to be the bridesmaid. Is that okay with you?"

"I would love to be the bridesmaid," I told her.

"Great! Then we'll plan the wedding while we're at your house okay?" she asked.

"Alright, Sakura," I said.

"Omigosh Misaki! You'll never guess who I've got for the other bridesmaid," she gushed.

"Who?"

"Shizuko!"

"Eh? That's great!" I exclaimed.

"Mhm. Hey, I have to go, Misaki. See you on Saturday 'kay?" she asked.

"Okay, bye," I said.

"Bye!" I disconnected the call. I put my cell phone away and jumped when I saw that Ikuto had been standing right behind me for who knows how long.

"How long where you there?" I asked curiously.

"Since the second you said hi to Sakura on the phone," he answered. He chuckled. "I can't believe you didn't notice." Sitwat walked in that moment so I didn't bother saying anything back to him.

"Sitwat, I'm coming, but there are eight people coming with me," I reported.

"That's fine. We'll be renting a van for the ride there to New York. It takes about four hours to go there. Oh and Misaki... your partner will have to come in the van, too. So, you'll be fitting ten people all together."

"Who's my partner?"

She smiled mysteriously. "You'll find that out on the day we leave. On October 25, everyone will have to be at Strawberry Skies at 11 am. And then we'll all leave at the same time to my sister's restaurant."

"Okay, I'm going home now. Bye, Sitwat!" I said to her.

"Bye," she said back to me.