Chapter 1

Misaki's POV

I sighed in frustration as I waited for the new vice-principal. I had asked him to come in precisely at 6:30 AM. I glanced at the watch on my wrist. It read 6:35. I had to attend a faculty meeting at 7, and introduce him, and I could not be late. It would ruin my reputation.

"Where is he?" I said aloud.

"Misaki, you can't expect him to be on time," my secretary called from her office. That's one of my never-ending list of problems: I expect everyone to be time. "Besides, he just came from Japan a few days ago. He might not even be fully unpacked. Give him some time," she said. That's why I love her- my secretary and best friend. She knows how to calm me down. But that's not on my mind right now.

"He's from Japan?" I asked her. I'm the only Japanese in this school, apparently. I moved here, in New Jersey, when I was in high school. I moved the day after I told him my feelings. I still love him. Usui Takumi. I miss him so much.

"He's part Japanese and part British. Gosh Misaki do your research." She says with a laugh. And I'm thinking of him again. Usui's part British and Japanese. God, I miss him so much!

I could hear her laugh from the other room. "No reply, you're probably thinking of Usui." I blush. Thank God she's not here to see it. I tell her everything. She's been my best friend since the first day I moved here.

"No, I'm not, Megan!" I shouted in frustration.

She chuckles. "Calm down, I was just only kidding."

"Oh," I said.

Ikuto/Takumi's POV

Damn, I'm late, I thought. I straightened my tie. Yeah, I'm wearing a tie. I also have a briefcase. Okay, this professional thing isn't working out for me, I thought. I ran out the door and drove like a maniac narrowly missing two kids walking across the street. I reached the high school and ran inside.

I opened the door while trying to straighten my tie.

"I'm terribly sorry about my lateness. I just moved in and-

"It's alright," the principal said with a smile. I froze when I saw her. Misaki Ayuzawa. My first love. I could have just died there. I dropped my briefcase.

Misaki's POV

"Are you okay?" I asked uncertainly. What happened to him? I thought. I look over to my assistant who's looking at me with a smirk on her face. I get up from my chair and go pick up his briefcase which happened to fall on his foot.

"Are you hurt?" I asked him giving him a poke on the shoulder.

He cleared his throat, "Uh, yeah, sorry about that. So you're the principal right? Misaki Ayuzawa,"he said triumphantly. He held out his hand and I shook it.

"Yeah, I am. And you?" I said.

"Ikuto Usui." He replied.

"Usui?" I asked.

There is a smirk on his face, "Yeah, anything wrong with it?"

"Uh, nothing, it's just when I was in Japan I had a… friend… whose last name was Usui so….," I trail off. More like perverted outer-space alien. I look to Megan who is stifling a laugh.

His smirk gets wider, if it could get any wider, "Oh really?"

"Yeah, so anyway, I have a lot of work for you. So, you'll start right away," I say, starting to get irritated of his smirk. It feels achingly familiar.

"Okay, then," he says.

I showed him into his office his and had him settled.

I walked out of his room and into mine and saw Megan leaning against the wall.

"He looks like him," I said finally. I'm hoping Ikuto is not going to hear the conversation we're going to have. Little did I know he was listening to every word I said.

"Who?" she asked innocently.

"Usui Takumi," I said punching her arm.

"Of course," she said.

"Except for the black hair and brown eyes, he looks exactly like Usui," I told her.

"That doesn't prove anything," she said. Then she walked to her room.

She's right. I'm just going crazy, I thought. I went back to my work.

Ikuto/ Takumi's POV

After the faculty meeting, Misaki showed me around John F. Kennedy High School. I looked at her. The main reason I came here was because I was trying to find Misaki. I found her. Now, I'm going to have some fun with her, I said grinning to myself.

We were walking outside the school when Misaki saw some highschool boys trying to bully a highschool girl. My Demon President did what my Demon President would always do. She marched up to them and threw a big fit. She gave them detention and a big lecture. She told the girl that she could go home for the day and walked back to me. She just never changes, I thought.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, I thought you were much less stricter than that Miss Ayuzawa," I said.

She blushed, "Well I…"

I chuckled, " It's okay, Demon Principal."

She narrowed her eyes at me, "Where did you get that from?"

"Oh, come on, those boys were saying it," I said." I'm gonna call you that from now on," I added with a smirk.

Fuming, Misaki marched away. She didn't change one bit, I thought.

Misaki had gone off home. I stayed back at the office to finish the load of paperwork she gave me. As I was thinking about her, Megan walked in.

I looked up, "Hey, Megan."

"Hi, you're Takumi Usui, aren't you? You can tell me, I won't tell Misaki," she told me.

I smile, "Yup, I am."

She sat down on a chair. "She's really stupid, isn't she?" she asked me with a grin.

I nodded my head. "That's my Demon Principal."

She laughed. "She never stopped talking about you. She misses you a lot you know. Why aren't you telling her it's you?" Megan asked.

"If she missed me so much she could've called me. She didn't even tell me she was leaving for New Jersey,USA," I accused. "So, now I'm not going to tell her it's me. Payback time. I'm going to listen to her talk about me and how she misses me so much, blah,blah,blah. Then I wanna see the look on her face when I tell her it's me."

"Make sure I'm there. I wouldn't miss her reaction for the world." She said. She stood up, said bye, and left.

Hmmmm. This is going to be fun, I thought.