Chapter 12

Ikuto/ Takumi's POV

Misaki opened the front door to her house. "Hi, Ayuzawa, let's go to work now."

She scowled. "How many times have I told you not to pick me up? I'm totally capable of getting to the restaurant by myself," she said.

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really?" She rolled her eyes.

"Whatever. Just come in and don't bother me," she said, opening the door a little further so I could walk in.

"How'd the meeting with Tora go?" I asked. She had another meeting today after-school and I wasn't allowed to go.

She sighed. "He's not approving any of my ideas to make the school better. He says it's a waste of money," she reported. "The one thing that I really needed him to approve is the renovation of the cafeteria. It's in terrible shape," she complained.

"He's probably just trying to make your life miserable," I said.

"Yeah, but it affects him, too. Have you seen the cafeteria? It's a horrid sight! I doubt anyone could eat in it. We've made improvements for the school since the time it was constructed, but the cafeteria is the only thing that we didn't renovate," she said. She sighed. "But he's right. We don't have the money...," she said. "Ikuto? I interview the new babysitter right now. He'll be here any minute. Then we could go."

"Alright," I said. I sat down on a sofa.

"Mimi!" I heard a voice. I turned towards the direction of the voice. Ichigo was standing on the stairs. He started to walk towards me.

"Hey, strawberry," I teased.

"Strawberry?" he asked, confused. Maya came rushing down the stairs.

"Yeah, Ichigo means strawberry in Japanese," I said. Maya bursted into a fit of laughter.

"His name... strawberry... haha...," she said in-between her laughing. Just then, the doorbell rang. I'm guessing that was the babysitter. Misaki opened the door and I heard voices and then they came into the living room where I was sitting with Maya and Ichigo.

"So, who's that?" the guy, with an all too familiar voice, asked.

"That's the vice-principal at my school and the cook at a restaurant I work at," Misaki said. "His name is Ikuto."

"Oh..."

"Ikuto, this is the new babysitter Hinata Shintani," she said to me.

No way. "You've already decided that this guy is the new babysitter?" I asked a bit too rudely.

Her face brightened. "Yep. This is my old childhood friend. I trust him more than anyone else in the world," she said. Ouch. More than anyone, huh?

"Childhood friend? Just a childhood friend?" I inquired. Okay, maybe I'm acting a bit paranoid , but hey, I hate this Shintani dude.

"Well, um... yeah," she said uneasily. I swear I saw her blush. I shouldn't have even asked. That was enough. I stood up abruptly.

"Nice meeting you, Shintani. I'll be waiting in the car, Misaki," I said harshly. I brushed past them and made my way to my car, leaving behind a quite baffled Misaki.