Chapter 3

Purdy's POV

I was just lyin' in my mossy nest, lookin' at the new prisoner – who I now know is named Sparrow. She was still unconscious but I knew she would wake up soon. I'm going o' tell her my best story, I wouldn't let my leader down.

Sparrow opened her eyes and raised her head. She looked around.

"Stay where you are, young'un," I meowed. "Bramblestar's orders... you don't know who Bramblestar is so you won't care."

"I do know who Bramblestar is," Sparrow mewed.

"Tell me everything you know 'bout Bramblestar."

"He is your Clan leader, he is a dark brown tabby tom, his mother was Goldenflower, his father was Tigerstar, he has a sister named Tawnypelt, and he has three half-brother and a half-sister. His half-sister's name is Mothwing, one of his half-brother's name is Hawkfrost, another one is Tadpole and the last one is Swiftpaw. Hawkfrost, Mothing and Tadpole are all siblings but Swiftpaw isn't."

I was shocked, she knew more 'bout Bramblestar than I did. I stood up.

"I need to go speak with Bramblestar," I meowed. "Stay here, else you will get noticed. Just follow Bramblestar's orders and stay here, Sparrow."

I left the prisoner there and went to the fresh-kill pile, Bramblestar was choosing his prey.

"Bramblestar! Bramblestar!" I limped over to the fresh-kill pile.

"What is it, Purdy?" Bramblestar asked. "I told you to make sure Sparrow doesn't leave your den."

"I know but she knows everything 'bout you!"

"What?"

"She knows how you look, she knows who your parents are and she knows who your sister, half-brothers and half-sisters are."

"How does a cat that falls from the sky know that?"

"You never said that Sparrow fell from the sky!"

"Well, she fell from the sky, Purdy. I hope the only cat she know about is me." He stared at me with his amber eyes. "Go back to your den, Purdy. You need to make sure she doesn't escape."

"OK, Bramblestar."

I headed back to my den, I hoped that Sparrow hadn't escaped. I'd be in trouble with Bramblestar. When I got there, Sparrow was still there.

"Do you want o' hear a–" I began.

"A story? No," she interrupted. "I know all your stories."

"But you've never been here before."

"I know but I know all your stories."

"How?"

"You wouldn't understand."

"You young'uns are all secretive!"

"I'm much older then you, Purdy."

"How old are you, then?"

"I'll just say, I'm older then StarClan itself."

I couldn't believe what I was hearin'. "You can't be that old," I meowed. "That would mean you are over a thousand seasons."

"I'm over a thousand years, Purdy!" Sparrow hissed. "You're young compared to me!"

I still could believe what I hearin', I'm the oldest cat in the Clan. This cat had a kit face but it was bigger. I felt offended to what Sparrow just hissed at me.

"I'll tell you a story, Purdy," Sparrow meowed. "Do you like scary stories?"

"Don't make it too scary," I answered. It couldn't be that scary, could it? How could this cat have a story?

"I'll tell you a story about some called the Time War."

"That doesn't sound o' scary."

"Before I tell you the story, I must warn you. It's all true."

"Just me the story, Sparrow."