Chapter 8

Sparrow's POV

I continued running and running, I just spat 'Earth cats' to a Warrior Cat. I am so stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Why did I do that?

Why did I want to come here?

Why did I think it would be so great?

I know... because I'm I Time Feline, I am urged to travel and discover everything.

I reached the lake, I stopped. I stared into the blue, sunlit water. My reflection rippled in the water, Dustpelt appeared behind me.

"Would you stop following me?" Sparrow hissed. "Why do you keep following me? Why you? Why not someone else? It's always you!"

"I don't know why me!" Dustpelt snarled. "I don't know!"

"Oh... oh... I know why."

"Why, then?"

It's because you will die soon, I thought. You're in love with me, Dustpelt...

"Nope, sorry, can't tell."

Actually, I will tell him.

"Yeah, well..." I began.

"I know, you idiot!" Dustpelt snapped. "I love you!" he paused. "But I shouldn't! I can't love you, Ferncloud's my mate!"

"Ferncloud wishes you to be happy..."

"But there are so many other problems, I-I... when The Doctor comes, you have to go. And y-you're... a Time Feline!"

I stared. "How'd you know that?" I asked.

"When you looked into your memories, I saw yours. You're a Time Feline from the planet Gallifrey! You're an alien! Wouldn't that make little hybrids? That's worse than being half-Clan!"

"Sh! Sh! Sh! Sh!" I prodded my paw over Dustpelt's mouth. "Shut up! No one except Bramblestar and Purdy know I'm a Time Feline!"