Chapter 14

A/N: I apologise that this is so short, I have very important exams coming up and I really do need to focus my time on them. Also, I don't appreciate people commenting on previous chapters and complaining about my updating schedule. If you don't like how I work, don't fucking read this story. 

Phil POV

2nd October

I wake up as my alarm sounds at 7 o'clock, informing me it's time to get up and have a shower. I sigh heavily and swing my legs out of bed, pulling my boxers down and walking into the en suite bathroom. 

I clean my body and wash my hair in just under fifteen minutes, leaving me half an hour before I have to head downstairs for breakfast. I pull on a pair of black skinny jeans and a blue sweater before blow drying my hair. 

I check the time and decide to head down to breakfast, if I can find it. I walk out of my room, only to bump into Dan who is dressed extremely casually. The ankles of his trackies have bunched around his ankles, and the ends of his sweater have been drawn across his hands. On his head is a beanie, covering, from what I can see, his curly hair. 

"Morning." He yawns, padding down the stairs in front of me. I mumble something back and follow him into the dining room where Jack, Lily, Mark, Jennette and Crispin are already sat. They all smile at us as we sit down, Mark, Jack and myself on one side with Dan, Crispin and Jennette on the other.

I look down at my plate and see two pieces of toast accompanied by some scrambled eggs. I bite my lip and internally argue with my stomach, debating on whether to eat it. Jennette's voice interrupts my thoughts. 

"Phil, honey, you need to layer your stomach with some food before you can take your tablets." 

I look up at her through my fringe and nod thoughtfully, taking a bite of the toast. My mouth drys as soon as it goes down my throat and a sickness develops in my stomach, but I keep eating until the first piece is gone.

I notice that everyone else has finished eating. I pop the tablet in my mouth and swallow it down lightly with some orange juice. Looking up I see that Dan's eyes are on me and a small smile is playing on his lips. 

"I'm finished." I announce quietly, to which everyone looks at me. 

Jennette visibly beams. "Well done, Phil, that's a big improvement from last week." 

I nod silently and make eye contact with Dan, who subtly nods his head at me as if to say 'well done'. I purse my lips in response.

"Daniel." Crispin sighs, causing Dan to turn to look at him. "Please get dressed properly." 

Dan rolls his eyes. "My name is Dan, and I am dressed! Just not to your standards." He sneers slightly. 

"I want you in a shirt and dress trousers in fifteen minutes. Phil and I will wait for you in the study." Crispin replies, standing up and thanking the chefs for breakfast.

"What?" Dan's jaw drops. "How come Phil doesn't have to get dressed up?" 

"He will do, just not at this moment in time. You need to get used to spending your life in suits, Daniel. That's the future you have ahead of you." Crispin sighs, pulling my chair out for me so I can stand up. 

Dan groans and walks past us, bumping his shoulder into Crispin's.

"Daniel!" Crispin bellows. 

"What?" Dan sighs, turning around. 

"Do not bump into me like that. I am your tutor and I demand respect from you." He says sternly. "Do you understand me?" 

"Yes, Sir. Sorry." Dan answers quietly, turning around and heading up to his bedroom. My eyes widen at Dan actually apologising.

"What happened?" Crispin asks Jennette quietly, obviously being careful to not let Dan hear him. 

"He changed, I think you leaving had a massive impact." She answers honestly. "After the cave-" 

Jennette stops her sentence and her eyes avert to me. "We'll talk about this later, I'm sure you're eager to start tutoring, Phil!" 

I nod quietly as Crispin and I turn around and make our way down to the study. I sit down opposite him and he produces two mathematics textbooks. I sigh and open the first page, trigonometry, fantastic.