Chapter 11

I jumped out the window, feeling as light as a feather. That was the best feeling ever, and I never wanted the night to end. I stood near our oak tree, and I had the sudden urge to climb it. I remembered climbing the tree once. I was only six, and Trisha and I had been in a fight. I climbed well, but I couldn't get down. I remembered the sound of snapping bones as I'd fallen from the tree. I'd broken both my left arm and leg, and I swore never to climb the tree again.

The climb up was very easy this time, and my long limbs made it even easier. I reached my favourite branch and I slowly sat myself down on it. I felt like calling out to Trisha so she could see that I'd finally climbed the tree after so many years. But I knew better than to wake her up in the middle of the night. There were four things Trisha loved dearly, and that was Boys, fashion, food and sleep.

The moon shone a milky yellow and I couldn't really tell if it was full or not. I sat on the branch and my legs dangled relaxingly. I had to get back in bed soon, since Keaton and I had a double date with Keegan and Courtney. I didn't want to go, but I really didn't want Keaton to get suspicious. He knew something was up, and I didn't want to confirm his suspicions. I slowly stood up to get down from the tree. This time I would make sure that I didn't fall. I almost slipped from the branch I was standing on, but something held me on the tree tight. I looked down to see what it was, and I almost screamed when I saw that I had suddenly developed claws. They mad my feet look fierce and I wasn't sure if they were really my feet.

I looked around to see if anyone was watching. Of course most people were in bed and I was all alone. But my sudden surprise made me wish I wasn't alone. I looked nervously at my feet and I felt a tingling sensation, rising up my legs. I tried to hurry down the tree, but my hands caught on the brach I was holding onto. I looked up and I had claws where my nails were supposed to be. I panicked even though I knew this would happen eventually, I never thought it would frighten me. I looked at my suddenly itchy legs and saw a crop of hair growing slowly up my legs. I froze as it made its way up my legs, the itch growing stronger. I couldn't scratch my legs because my claws were stuck on the branch.

I bit my lip in frustration, as my pajama shorts began to rip, under the force of the thick hair growing on my thighs. I began to shake as the growing hair grew less thick as it crawled under my underwear and reached my stomach and went higher, and crawled underneath my bra. It was growing rapidly now, as if in a hurry to get it over and done with. The hair went up my neck quickly and I felt my pulse quicken as I tried to calm my nerves. I held my breath as it crawled slowly up my jaw and covered my cheeks. Wasn't my face supposed to be left alone? The pictures of the rest of the pack showed their faces pretty visible, but my fur seemed to have other plans.

It ended up covering my whole face. My nose twitched and I felt it change shape, as well as the rest of my body. My fingers slowly disappeared and paws appeared. that happened on my feet too. The claws let go of the branches suddenly and I felt myself struggle to stay on the tree. I heard twigs and branches crack as I flailed trying to regain my balance. I tried to scream as I fell, but a slight growl left my lips. I landed on my paws on the ground and I felt a little pain on my side as I tried to stand up. I tried to see if I'd hurt myself falling, but I couldn't see through the thick fur. I went back on all fours and started to slowly walk. It came as a surprise to me, when I saw that I could walk very well.

I looked around to see if anyone was watching me, and I stopped when I smelled something funny. The smell hadn't been there when I was on top of the tree, so I figured it must be some kind of dead animal somewhere in the yard. I looked around and sniffed a little. I almost choked when I realised that the smell grew heavier when I sniffed. Nobody had mentioned strong smelling senses in wolves, so I was rather surprised. I sniffed again, and I saw that it led to the other side of the yard. I followed the smell and stopped when I bumped up against the fence dividing our yard from Jade's yard. I looked up in defeat and was about to turn around and walk back to the tree when I heard a faint sucking sound from the other side of the yard.