Chapter Two

Levy sat on Gajeel's shoulder as they made their way to the nearest town, Hargeon.

"I've never been outside of the forest before, is this where humans live?" Levy asked as they neared the outskirts of the town. She could hardly sit still as she babbled on about how she wanted to meet more humans.

"Humans sound amazing, you're so lucky Gajeel I bet you have tons of human friends!" Levy said.

Gajeel clenched his fists and muttered, "Tch, you'll find humans ain't all what their cracked up to be shrimp."

Suddenly Gajeel saw a sign nailed to a tree that looked familiar. At a closer look, he saw a drawing of his own scowling face and the words "WANTED".

"Crap we can't go in ta town like this!" Gajeel said as he covered his face with his cloak to disguise himself.

"What's going on?" Levy asked.

"Ya can't just be out in the open ya gotta hide!" Gajeel scooped her up and put her in the bag of jewels he held close to his chest.

As they walked through the busy streets, Levy was not doing a good job of staying hidden.

"A magic shop?" Levy said peeking out of the bag, "can we go in Gajeel please?" She escaped from the bag and buzzed around his head.

"Fine but ya gotta stay hidden geez," he scoffed hurrying to get her out of sight of the curious townspeople.

When they entered the shop, Levy gasped at the sight of the store. Shelves of dusty books and vials of murky looking potions covered every inch of the place. Levy was like a tiny bull in a china shop, she zoomed around looking at and picking up anything she could actually carry.

"Don't ya dare break anything shrimp" Gajeel said after seeing the scowl on the shop owner's face.

Before he knew it, Levy had dropped a potion vial spilling a purple liquid all over her.

"Levy!" He waited for the potion to make her explode or turn her purple, but nothing happened.

Gajeel sighed in relief, "thank god the potion didn't do anything," he ignored the shop owner shaking his fists at the two and scurried out the door with Levy once again hidden in his bag.

Later in the day, the two looked for an inn to rest at, as they were tired and had hardly eaten anything since arriving in Hargeon.

"Do we have to go to this one?" Levy whined. The stench of alcohol and sweat was potent even before the two had even stepped foot inside.

"This is the only place in town we won't attract attention in," Gajeel replied.

He was right, the people at the bar were all too drunk to think the scary man with the piercings and a tiny pixie were out of the ordinary.

Gajeel sat on one of the shaky barstools and Levy landed beside him on the counter.

The clinking of glass mugs and the commotion from a couple bar fights annoyed Gajeel, he was never much of a people person. Levy on the other hand must have changed her mind about the place and began to laugh at the scene before her.

What caught Levy's eye was the scantily clad women dancing the night away all around her. She giggled at the girls stumbling around the bar to refill their mugs.

She looked so eager to join in on the festivities, Gajeel thought she deserved a taste of fun.

"Shrimp, imma introduce you to something we humans hold very dear, alcohol."

** Hope you liked it :) **