Chapter Five

Gajeel paced around Natsu's ship for what seemed like forever. Lucy had insisted that Levy stayed so she could get her ready for the ball.

He thought this whole black tie business was stupid. The suit he wore itched and his slicked back ponytail was too neat for him.

He hated attending royal balls. He hated dancing and everything was too fancy for his liking. But this one was important. Tonight they would showcase the new Crown Jewels of King Makarov, and he was gonna steal it.

He heard a door opening and was relieved that the girls were done.

"Finally Shrimp, what took you so-" he was cut short by a side of Levy he'd never seen before.

Levy looked amazing. The pink gossamer of the dress she wore hugged every inch of her body and showed a sufficient amount of cleavage. Her usually messy hair was pulled out of her face to show that she had what he assumed was makeup on.

"How do I look?" Levy asked as she linked her arm with his.

He couldn't handle this right now. He almost wished they were alone so he could pull her closer to him and skip the stupid ball.

Gajeel thought he must be going crazy. He just considered ditching his biggest heist ever for a girl.

"You um, look amazing," he said. Levy giggled and attempted to pull him away from the ship.

"Come on!" She said grabbing his hand, "we have a party to get to!"

He squeezed her hand tighter and couldn't believe a girl could make him so excited for a stupid thing like a ball.

** I'm sorry I've been slow with this update, I've been having a tough time at school and a home so I've just kinda lost the motivation to do anything. I've finally figured out where I'm going with this story so I'll try ad get you guys the next chapter as soon as I can! <3 **