Chapter 4

Kylo ren has been my enemy since this whole thing began. Now after it's over I can't bring myself to hate him. I guess it could be Leia's influence (being his mother and all) because I can still hold a grudge against everyone else in that prison. How can she still care for him after everything he's done? How has that rubbed off on me? Why do I feel so sick whenever I think of him? I guess I really am awake because all of my doubt has come back to haunt me. The door opens, I'm startled by this, my hand flies to my lightsaber.
"Whoa, I come in peace now would you put that thing down?" It's Finn, normally he would've flinched and backed away. I could be wrong about that last statement but I guess this war has changed us all.
"Have you decided on a punishment yet?"
"No, I haven't, please say you did."
"Can't say I have. I heard that almost everyone who was asked said they wanted a public execution though." My heart stops, I am surprised that anyone was asked.
"What did the general say about it?"
"She never responded, it must be hard on her but if she said anything against it there might be a riot."
"Is there any way we could maybe," I stuttered on this last part but it was reluctant to come out, "l-let them l-live?" Finn seems surprised, I guess that's understandable.
"You could let them live but that wouldn't be good for those of us in charge. Something like that might cause another rebellion." I know he's kidding but that leaves me with a horrible feeling. I have to decide quickly about how to react. Then I say the words to end the few lives who survived the fall of the First Order.
"Okay, tell the general I have decided to go through with the execution."