Chapter 6

It's darker than I remember, colder too. I make my way towards his cell, the one I fled from last night. I was so afraid, I still am. There is a longing for the day when I won't fill with fear at his name. His face haunts my dreams. After all we've been through I am still walking towards his jail cell. I don't care for him, I don't want him alive. So why am I willing to protect him? I shouldn't have mercy, I shouldn't be so-
"Well if it isn't the scavenger. Have you gotten lost?" He sneered, I don't have an excuse to be here, how could I have been so stupid!?
"W-we have decided o-on your p-punishment, you and everyone in these cell-s will be e-executed in a week..." I am completely flustered.
"Aww, the little girl thinks I don't already know, how pathetic."
"She's just as dumb as the rest of them." That was Phasma, she sounded so tired though.
"I'll just be going then, it seems I'm not needed." I turned my back on them when I heard it.
"Wait." His voice had softened, why was he calling me?
"Rey I-I-I..." I turned around to face him. I couldn't see the Kylo ren I once knew. I only saw the the worn out face of Ben Solo. "I'm sorry." That's all he had to say to me. Looking into his eyes I saw the light in him, Leia was right, it's still there. I felt hot, this was the coldest room at the base and I was burning up. I told him to stop refusing medical aid and to eat again. I couldn't let my guard down that easy but I couldn't let him die either. Not yet anyway. I lingered for awhile and then left. I was alone with my thoughts once more.