Chapter 9

It must be at least 2 in the morning. I woke up to the sound of the door closing. I shot up and half whispered, "Who's there!?!?" Will I ever get a break?
     "Someone's a light sleeper." I knew that voice.
     "Kylo! What the hell are you doing here!?" I turn on the lamp, how did he find me? We should really change those locks.
     "Uhhhh, that room is really cold. Can I spend the night here?"
     "You're supposed to stay there, that's the whole point of keeping you captive."
     "Where could I possibly go outside of your base? The First Order has been destroyed, there is no point of trying to escape. I'm going to die anyway, remember?" He's looking at me with those puppy dog eyes, I've never noticed them before. I want to say 'get out' and call a guard to take care of him but those eyes are starring into my soul, ugh, it's worse than him searching my mind, so I give in.
"You can sleep on the floor." I have nothing to let him sleep on so the floor is the best he'll get. There's no way I'd let him share the bed.
"Yeah, okay, do you have a blanket? A pillow would be great too."
"It's all in the closet, I'm going to bed now, night."
"Goodnight, scavenger." I wish he wouldn't call me that. He must know it gets on my nerves. I fall asleep almost instantly. He's still there in my dreams.