Perfection 5

Perfection💜

Payton's POV

~1 AM~

I back away from the sliding glass door and make my way back to the hallway.

"Why are you up here?" I was gonna come back down. There was no need for him to be up here. Re must of said something.

"Re told-" I cut him off, he didn't even need to finish that sentence.

"Oh Re, you little sneak freak." I walk out the room heading towards the stairs. I hear Ronnie's footsteps behind me until he catches my arm.

"What's the rush?" I furrow my eyebrows. And give a confused look.

"It's one in the morning, y'all need to go home. And I'm sleepy.." I continue walking down the stairs with him still on my trail.

"Reeeeeeee!" I see her leaning in towards Daniel. I run towards her and sit on her lap. Yup, I just ruined their moment. Don't judge me. I said don't judge me! I can feel you judging me!

"What?" She pushes me off her lap onto the floor, annoyed. I show her the time.

"Time to send them away." I say still sitting on the floor.

"Can't we stay?" Ronnie picks me up off the floor and walks over to the sofa and sits down with me on his lap.

"Just because you picked me up off the floor doesn't mean y'all can stay." I poke his chest.

"Yea, y'all do have to go home." Re stands up and stretches.

"Yup!" I stand next to Re.

"Fine." Daniel gets up. I look at Ronnie but he's still sitting with a smirk.

"What?" I ask genuinely curious.

"Not leaving til I get a kiss." He puckers his lips. I roll my eyes. I walk over to him, sit on his lap facing him and peck his lips.

"Happy?" I ask before he pulls me back in for a real kiss. Our lips move in perfect harmony. He places his hands on my waist while mine ran through his soft curls.

"I want a kiss like that." I hear Daniel say in a hurt voice. I pull away to laugh.

"Mhm. We can leave now." I get off of him so he can get up. I sit back in his spot.

"It's been real!" I yell while holding up the trueces. Re walks them out. I start to watch tv again.

I hear Re go up the stairs. I guess she gonna change. I start eating a Pop Tart from earlier. Oooh almost forgot to check my messages. I unlocked my phone. Six messages and four misses calls from Damon.

Damon: I'm sorry, I overreacted.

Damon: Please text me back.

Damon: You better not be with those strangers!

Damon: I'm coming over your house.

Damon: Why is there no one there?!

Damon: Payton!

Sometimes I love Damon but he gets to be too much sometimes. We've been friends since 3rd grade and he's always plays the role of a brother with a hint of father. At first I thought it was because he had a crush but in the 8th grade he told me why he's protective of me. So now I just let him be protective. I've kinda gotten used to it.

I think I should text him back. Maybe tomorrow. Well today, but later. I get up from where I was sitting and go up the stairs.

"RENEE DEARIE!" I knock on her door before going in.

"Yes, my child?" Re asks while walking out of her closet.

"Need somewhere to sleep. And a charger." I yawn.

"Sigh. Guest room is right across the hall." Re gets up and looks in one of her drawers.

"Your people just had to have a big home."

"Of course." Re throws a charger towards me, which I catch. Hand and eye coordination was in effect.

"Well I'm ghost, night." I walk out her room and into the guest room.

The room was beautiful just like Re's but a tad plainer. I ran towards the bed and jumped on it. I had the feeling as if I were on a cloud. I crawled under the comforter and plugged my phone in with the charger. With one last yawn I slowly drift into dream world.

***

I sit up from the bed to look towards the doorway. "Damon?" There my best friend is standing with arms cross with a look of anguish in his eyes. I don't understand why he'd look at me like that though. "What are you doing here?"

"Saving you." He takes a step closer. I scoot back in the bed until I feel something.

"What the f-" I say before I turn around.

"Babe stop moving." I hear Ronnie mumble into the pillow. When did he even get here? He was suppose to go home!

"Pai, you can't be around him." Damon says with a stern face.

I furrow my brows in confusion, "You mean Ronnie? Look Damon, I know you're just being a good friend but Ronnie's really nice and you can't tell me who I can and can't see! Stop being so fucking protective!" Anger was growing inside of me. I started to shake out of annoyance.

Damon starts laughing and not a hearty, fun laugh but menacing laugh. "You don't even know him. You've known him for one day. Of course he's nice to you. He just wants to fuck and duck."

"No.. No he doesn't." Tears starting to sprinkle down my face.

"I'm not trying to make you cry, but you have to see reality Payton."

Damon starts to turn around.

"Take this advice. Find out the real him." He leaves.

I look back over to Ronnie and wipe my tears. "You wouldn't do that." "Right?"

***

I feel the sun hit my face. I open my eyes slowly and search for my phone. I stretch while I check the time. It's 8:43.

A delicious scent intoxicates my nose. I get up and walk downstairs.

"Yay, you're awake!" Re says cheerily coming from the door.

"Yeaa. I smell pancakes and bacon!" I say excitedly.

"Jacob brought it as an apology.." She places the boxes on the dining table.

"He's a saint! Sent from Jesus himself!" I say trying to be dramatic. I grab a box and sit down ready to eat.

"Yea." Re laughs and opens her box then eating a piece of bacon.

"Need syrup!" I get up and look for some syrup.

"Find it?"

"Yes ma'am." I come back and pour it on my pancakes. I slide the syrup towards Re.

"Thankies."

"But seriously who's Jacob?" I take a bite of the mouth watering pancakes.

"Ummm my ... uh boyfriend." Just as Re finishes her sentence the door bell rings.

Author💜

Read, Comment, & Vote! 💜