First Kiss

Narrator POV

At twilight, Jaein stared to the sky while waiting for the engagement ceremony at the ball room downstairs. He was at his room balcony, mumbling words, reflecting himself, sort of. He then catch a glance on someone. Someone that he had loved entirely before. He wasn't sure but he remember the silhouette clearly.

Sung Jaein POV

"Where you've been? I'm sorry. I couldn't protect you. He was my dad. His blood flows inside my body. If I knew it all along before we met, I will surely walked away. Knowing you was such a pain. I couldn't bear living in pain anymore. I had to sacrifice our love." I wipe my tears that flowing hard without realising it. It felt lighter than before, letting out some of the pain with words, sometimes helps. Sometimes, they're just ruining ourselves more.

"Jaein, are you ready? If you're ready, come out. People had been waiting." Tiffany noona called me.

" Yup. Ready." That was surely a plain answer from me.

3rd Person POV

We're here to held our SSH Corp. Heir, Sung Jaein engagement ceremony with his fiancé-to-be, the only heiress of IJH Industries, Im Nayeon. We will begin the ceremony now.

After a long speech from the Director of SSH Corp, which is Sung Sihu, the couple were called upon to the stage.

Sung Jaein POV

I held Nayeon's hand while walking straight to the stage. There were no reporters, no outsiders. Just our closest family. We then exchange glances as we're putting ring on each other and obviously smiled. Then Nayeon's father came in front and asked me to placed a kiss on her as the vows says that. What kind of vows that they do back then I supposed. I then took a deep breath, because I'm just about to kiss someone girlfriend in front of him. I'm in tight situation right now. Min Yoongi was in front of us, with a gloomy face of course. Which made me felt so guilty. Nayeon held my hand again and she spoke softly to me: "it's okay. I'll talk to him later. Now, finished this off already, Jaein."

We kissed. That was our first kiss. My first kiss. I've never kiss Joohyun before, which we never got a chance to because we broke up. I couldn't think for a while and frozen there. She then released herself from the kiss. It wasn't the long one. She was blushing as it was her first too.

Then the ceremony ended. While walking out from the ballroom I saw her, the silhouette from before. I then followed her.

It was at the back of the hotel garden. She then stopped. She turned around which make me faced her. She was smiling. I don't know how much I love that smile, the smile that I miss like crazy. She then cried as I walked closer. That makes me want to hug her. I pulled her into my embrace. I held her tight. I carefully caress her hair which I've always did before. I could felt her warm tears falling and kept falling to the ground. I looked down to her and wipe her tears away.

" I miss you, miss you badly. Joohyun-ah.. Mianhae.." I hug her tighter.

" No, don't say that. I'm the one who should be sorry. I shouldn't crossed the line. I should've stay put. Which eventually hurts us both. Mianhae.. Jaein-ah..." She pushed me away that broke the hug.

"Why? Why us? Why now? Don't you miss me, you fool? You want to hurt me even more, right? Don't you know how much I loved you? I'm willing to die for you! What you did, never lessen my affection for you." I almost screamed by then.

"Jaein, I'm a grenade. One day I'm gonna blow up, and I'm gonna blow everything in my wake and I don't want to hurt you. I'm sorry. You shouldn't play with fire, Jaein. Kids shouldn't play with fire." She said.

"What do you mean by that?" My mind couldn't digest her words.

"Your father. He don't want us to be together as he knew my illness. He couldn't bear to see you getting hurt. He loves you. He said if I love you, I should sacrifice my love for your good life. He really meant it. Look at you now. You're getting married with someone much better than me. She's perfect for you. She's flawless, which the thing that I don't even had. Your dad wanted your life to be perfect. He's afraid of losing you. After he lost your brother, which makes him afraid even more. And please don't get mad at him." She explained with smile.

My heart hurt even more. I'm too fragile aren't I? Those feelings that swayed me even more, so lightly. I still holding onto her hand, slightly until she bid a farewell. "Goodbye, Jaein. I'm sorry for everything, and thank you for the precious memories we had before. You make me realize how much someone ever meant to us. Don't cry, my love. Annyeong, Jaein-ah."

Love is pain, full of flame. Those sweet lies we make without thinking much, enough to satisfy our lovers.

But then I realized, it already became a finished picture. Our love.

Will you please leave me

And shut up your beautiful lips

Without hurting me

Why you seemed so pleased

Don't you know that I've been hurting

Love that have been pricked by thorns

That you never felt as we were together

Although deep in my heart

I never wanted all of these

But love cannot be so sure

That we never know the ending

Life is not a movie

It is reality that we have to live

Never had the thought of breaking up with you

I have been dreaming of spending my old days

By your side amidst of divergence

You will hold my hand

In the darkness

You will be the light that guide me

In this cruel world that you will

Always be with me

We are not closing in at all even one tiny bit

We are like parallel lines

Hoping that we will eventually meet

Even we are not being together anymore

At least you will always smile to me

Like you are used to be

Sometimes people come into our life

Just to teach you how to let go

Then we let they become our happiness

And that is when we went wrong

Where I am constantly torn between

Wanting to improve myself

And wanting to destroy myself

I cannot pick on you anymore

That will break my heart

Love is keeping the promises anyway

Then it is not your fault for not being here

It is my fault for thinking you would be

It is kind of scary to let you in

After the thought that you could

Take one good look inside

And never come back/.