Chapter 1

"Hey Anna" Jessica said.
"Hey Jess, did you publish your art work yet?" Replies Anna.
"No not yet, I'm scared. If I don't win then I can't go to New York to pursue my dream. But if I don't win, I hope you win and take me with you." Jessica laughs and so does Anna.
A few weeks back: Anna is in class.
"I have exciting news children!" Shout Mrs. Ajay, "there's a chance for all you amazing artists to be in an art show and go to NYC to pursue your art talents!" Everyone but some are not so excited because they took art just to get enough credits to pass. Anna looked at Jessica and smiles while Jessica is excited jumping up and down in her chair.
"Okay class, figure out something amazing and get to work. You may use this class time to work but if you want to borrow anything make sure you use the sign out sheet and bring it back tomorrow. Good luck!" Mrs. Ajay takes a seat and starts putting grades in.
Jessica runs to Anna's seat, "CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!" Shouts Jessica. "Mrs. Jessica we all know you're excited but please keep it down." Demands Mrs. Ajay.
"Sorry" Jessica says.
Jessica whispers, "are you excited? We finally have a chance to get out of Ohio!"
Anna laughs, "I don't know what to draw or what paint to use. Hell, should I even paint? Should I use pastels or something?" Anna says nervously
Jessica laugh, "I don't know but you're giving me ideas on what utensils to use"
"I'm serious, I really want to do this. My parents don't have money for me to go to college and this is my chance"
"I'm serious too. I want this just as much as you do" Jessica says sternly.
A guy walks past, his name is Sam. Black hair, Hazel eyes, muscular kind of. Anna watches as he goes by. Jessica rolls her eyes. "How long is it going to be until you actually say so something to him?" Anna snarls, "I don't like him"
"Are you sure about that? You stare at him like you do. You're my best friend, I know you."
Anna rolls her eyes, "okay genius"
Jessica smiles, "I'm going to go start on my painting, love you"
Anna smiles, "love you too"