Chapter 2

Anna is laying in her bed scrolling through Facebook. Wondering what would happen if she did win. How would she live? Will she make new friends?
Anna gets a call from Jessica.
"I SUBMITTED MY ART!" Jessica shouts
Anna pulls the phone away from her ear a little bit. "That's great Jess but tone it down a bit"
"Sorry I need to work on that" Jess says embarrassed
"What'd you draw?" Anna says curiously
Jess says excitedly, "I drew flowers; roses, dandelions, daffodils. Stuff like that."
Anna smiles, "I drew a couple, where a guy fell in love with a girl but he couldn't have her because she loved someone else. So his thoughts got the best of him"
"Way to be dark, Ann" Jessica says smartly
Anna frowns, "it's what I could think of. Chill"
Jessica laughs, "is this about Sam?"
Anna yells, "no!"
"Chill Ann. I was kidding"
"Wasn't a funny joke"
"Fine. Sorry, I'll see you at school tomorrow! Byez!"
Next day at school: Anna is in art working on a project for art. It's a life-sized manikin. She smiles as she paints on the clothing using such detail.
Mrs. Ajay calls over Anna, "Anna, please come here"
Anna comes, "yes?"
Mrs. Ajay smiles, "you won the art show"
Anna smiles from ear to ear, "What?!"
She smiles, "you have two weeks before you leave!"
Anna runs to Jess "I WON!"
Jess smiles "YOU DID?!" But then she gets sad "but that means I didn't win.."
Anna hugs her "I'll be taking you with me!"
Jess smiles, "that's right! I'm glad you won. You deserve it Anna!"
Class ends and Mrs. Ajay calls Anna to her class, Anna walks in.
"Hey Anna, I have news to tell you. I heard you tell Jessica that you were going to take her with you. I'm sorry but there's only one ticket and she didn't win. She can't go with you. Art show rules"
Anna gets sad, "she's my best friend, she's going to be pissed.."
Mrs. Ajay frowns, "watch the language, but I'm sorry. You may go home now"
Anna leaves and thinks about the conversation "fuck..she's going to be pissed"
Later that night: Anna calls Jess.
Jess answers "hey girl hey!"
Anna says nervously, "hey Jess"
"I'm super excited for NYC! We are going to have a blast! I'm picking out my outfits and everything!"
Anna says slow "I have to tell you something.."
Jess calms down "what's wrong?"
Anna gets slower "I'm sorry...I can't take you with me.."
Jess gets sad "why?.."
"I can't take anyone with me..Mrs. Ajay said I couldn't, art show rules.."
Jessica's voice is cracking "have fun in New York, Anna.." She hangs up.
Anna hangs up and cries into her hands and lays down "fucking great.."