chap 9!!

I turned around as I heard a distinctive click; I looked at Justin. He was smiling; he took another picture, I glared at the camera and turned around looking at the wall.

“Don´t take photos of me” I said to him, with a small smile in my face. He didn´t answered,  I looked at my white wall, it had a simple painting there…one of the ones I had made after my mum died, it was a window with rain drops on it… it had dark shades of grey, black and dark blue… all of it was representing the tears that I couldn’t cry myself since I was in shock at the moment… they were supposedly the tears that the sky cried for my mum. Yeah lame... but it reminded me of my mother; she used to tell me silly stories like that… like if you went to the woods and stayed there after dark you could witness an elf running around chasing a bunny… I had stayed in the woods with my dad for ours one night, waiting to see the elf; finally I decided that the one that lived in those woods was one sneaky elf that wouldn´t let itself be seen … I smiled regretfully at my painting, so much had changed in my life… I used to be a naïve little girl that would believe stories about the sky crying or the elf´s running though the woods... now after years of horrible memories and a really terrifying real world, I wasn´t the same... and would probably never will.

Click.

I turned around forgetting for a moment why I had turned around in the first place, and looked at Justin, click. A flash blinded me for a moment, I groaned.

“Justin!” I yelled, he laughed at me, while he looked down at my camera. Where had he gotten it in the first place? I sighed. While Justin looked at the photos he had took. His smile widened as I tried to grab the camera from him.

“Give it back” I said in a hard voice, faking mad. He laughed and kept looking at the photos, his smile frowned for a moment. I looked curiously at the camera. And went to look at the screen, trying to remember what photos I had in that memory. I grimaced.

“Give it back Justin and give it back now” I said in a cold voice, long forgetting the simple game that we had been doing a second ago. He looked down at me, his blue eyes sparkling with an unknown emotion.

“Please give it back” I said looking at him straight into his blue eyes. He gave it back to me, and I looked quickly at the photo he had been seeing a second ago. It was one of my mother and I, about 9 years ago, the small girl in the photo was smiling widely with her cheeks flushing, she had her dark wavy brown hair into two ponytails with strands of short hair over her ears, the little girl had a pink sundress  on, a beautiful woman was holding her tightly while she smiled at the camera, she had the same dark brown hair as the child, her skin was tanned, her teeth white, her green eyes where sparkling, she had a white blouse on and some dark jeans, both of them where laying on the grass with the sun shining brightly above them.

My eyes started watering and I closed them tightly trying to prevent the tears from going down my cheeks. I breathed in and out trying to calm myself down as all of those beautiful memories came flooding to my mind… I had lost so much and so suddenly; she had left me without a single goodbye. A tear ran down my cheek, I ran up to my room leaving Justin and the camera behind, I closed my bedrooms door harshly and I dropped to the floor and pressed my hand forcefully against my eyes.

“You are not going to cry, you are not going to cry” I mumbled under my breath… my voice breaking.

Another tear fell down; I took a deep breath and held it for a moment. Why was this happening to me?

“Em? Emily, open the door” Justin said while he tried to get into my room, I hadn´t locked the door he pushed it and I moved out of the way. I crawled away from the door and lay down in my bed, finally letting the tears fall down. Justin lay on the bed too; I looked out my window trying to force those stupid tears to stop. He said.