Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

I woke up in the nurses office. I quickly look at the clock... 2:30. It was 1:30 when the science class ended. So that means... I had been out for almost an hour?!?!? I look next to me, and there's Marcel, asleep... or just unconscious? I suddenly feel this sharp pain in my nose, and I turn to look at myself in the mirror on the wall. I've got this huge nose splint on it, and my nose is extremely swollen. I look away before I throw up at the sight of my own face. My thoughts of what my brother is gonna say, are interrupted by a girl walking into the room. "Hey Emma, how are you feeling?" says Carmen.

"Better, I guess. How about you?" I say back, not looking up at her.

"I'm fine, just kinda still a little in shock of what happened, you know?"

"How much trouble did I get you into?" I whisper, just load enough for only her to here.

"A 2 day suspension. But I don't care, it was worth it. You could have been seriously injured." she smiles and puts her hand on my shoulder. I flinch but she doesn't notice.

"What about me... and Brad? How much trouble are we in?" I asked, my voice shaky.

"Actually, since you have been bullied before by Brad, and so have so many other kids, Brad has been expelled. and you... well I'm not quite sure... but the principal said you wouldn't have a very bad punishment because you really didn't do anything. you just stood up for Marcel without actually hurting anyone. so..." as she slowly explained what happened from her point of view, I decided to go to the principals office and see just what my punishment is...