Somewhere Down the Road 3

We went inside the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. Yes, we live in Atlanta. After going through all the check points and everything we still got 45 min. till our departure.

“Do you want something from Starbucks?” I asked her. I was feeling hungry.

“No thanks. I’m good.” She answered.

“Are you sure?”

 “Yes, I’m sure.”

So I left her in the waiting area to go to Starbucks and myself my favorite Mocha Frappe and a chocolate donut. I also bought a donut for Lian even though she said she doesn’t want any. She always like that, she would say no even though she wants it. If she really wants it she would get it herself. She doesn’t want people giving her stuffs. I was walking back to her when I realized that I still don’t know where we’re going. I decided to ask her when I get back to her.

When I say her she’s playing Angry Birds in her phone. I stood in front of her.

“Are you still not going to tell me where we’re going? I asked

“Hmmm… I thought by this time you would have guess where we’re going.”

“Well, I’m not really paying attention.” I defended myself. “But now I’m guessing we’re going to Japan?”

“Close but not quite.”

“You’re still not going to tell me even I give you a chocolate donut?” I teased her. Chocolate is her weakness and secret obsession. For a girl who loves chocolate she very fit.

I saw her thinking about it for a moment. Then I waved the bag of the donut in front of her face.

I was surprised when she grabbed the bag and said “I’m not telling you but I’m keeping the donut. Thank you!”

I just chuckled. Though I wasn’t able to know our destination, I was satisfied with her reaction when she grabbed the donut. She looks just like the Lian that I knew and once loved. Not the Lian who’s my boss.

I sat beside her and watch her as she eats her donut happily. She saw me looking at her, and then she smiled to me with chocolate all over her teeth. She looks so funny. I took my phone to take a picture of her.

“Hey! Do it again. I’m going to take a picture of you.”

“Wait!” she said. Then she took another bite of her donut.

“Ready!” she said. She smiled her most chocolaty smile.

“That was funny.”

Then they announced that our plane is ready for boarding.

We had a 13 hour flight. We landed at last in Tokyo, Japan. After 30 min. layover we boarded another plane bound to Manila, Philippines.

“I guess now you know where we are going?” she asked.

“Yeah! Wow! I haven’t been there for almost 5 years.” I said.

 “I know, that’s why I suggested you to be sent to this trip. Then Mr. Lewis insisted that I should go too because I’m a Filipino too.”

Mr. Lewis is the vice-president of our company. So he’s the bigger boss.

“I see so where exactly in the Philippines?” I asked

“It’s somewhere around Boracay.”

Boracay is one of the tourist spots in the Philippines, it is known for its white sand beaches. I love Boracay. I went there one time with my cousins and I swore to myself that I’ll go back there and with someone I like.

I saw a stewardess passed by and she looks familiar. I can’t remember who she is but I’m sure I knew her. To be sure, I asked Lian.

“Hey! Do you know who that stewardess is?” I pointed the stewardess who is talking to the old man who sits a couple of rows behind us.

“Hmmm…I don’t know but she looks familiar. Why?”

“Because she looks familiar to me too. Maybe we saw her before?”

“Maybe.”

The stewardess saw me looking at her. She thought I need something so she walks towards us.

“Hello Sir, do you need anything?” before I could answer her Lian spoke.

“Christy?” Lian exclaimed

“Lian? O my gosh! Lian!” they give each other a hug.

Christy looked back at me. “Hey! Is this Tom?”

“Yep! That’s me!” I smiled

“So are you two together again?” Christy asked us.

“No, we work together. We’re just on a business trip.” Lian answered

"is the uniform necessary?"

Lian and I looked at each other then remembered that we are wearing the same stripped shirt. After realizing, we both laughed.

"No it's just a coincidence." I said

“Oh! I see. Well, it’s nice seeing you two especially you Lian. I wish we could see each other again outside the plane so we could catch up with each other. Where are you two going anyway?”

“We’re going to Boracay.” Lian answered

“Oooh! a romantic getaway." Christy said while wriggling her eyebrows "How long will you be there?”

“Well, we got three weeks to finish the job, but I’ll think we can do it within a week.”

“Great! I got 2 weeks off after this. I might see you again.”

“Also, let the others know.”

“Yeah! I will. Well, bye. My boss is giving me the looks.”

“Bye!” we both said in unison.

Christy is one of Lian’s closest friends in Highschool back in Philippines. Lian, Christy, Megan and Jane are inseparable. They always do things together. They became my friends too when me and Lian are dating back then.

“We are now about to land. Buckle up and straighten you seats.” The pilot said. Is it the pilot or one of the stewards? I don’t know.

After a couple of minutes, we are now in Philippines, my homeland.