Somewhere Down the Road 7

What the heck?! Arrgghh!!! My back hurts!!! Where am I? I opened my eyes and tried to adjust from the light and absorb my surroundings. Oh yeah! I’m in the couch. I fell asleep in the too-small couch they have. Wait where’s Lian? What time is it?

I looked over to the wall where there’s a wall clock that says its 9:30am. I closed my eyes then it hit me.

“Lian!!!” I shouted.

No answer. So I stood up and walked into the room.

“Lian!” I saw her still sleeping.

“Lian, wake up! were gonna be late!”

“5 more minutes!”

“No more 5 mins. it’s already 9:30!”

“What?! OH SNAP!”

With that she stood up quickly and almost fell over because of light headedness. So I rushed over to her and caught her.

“Thanks!” she said.

We’re too busy packing up the remains of our things and cleaning up ourselves. We already packed our things last night so all we need to do is fix ourselves. We’re done and ready to leave at exactly 10am.

We’re at the lobby and about to check out when Tyler came towards us. I have and urge to put my arm around Lian and tell him to back off but I reminded myself that I’m not her boyfriend…anymore.

“Lian!”

“Tyler!”

“So you’re really leaving?”

“Yeah!”

“Can’t you stay? You said you still got two weeks here in the Philippines?”

“I do but I can’t”

“Okay! Well, see you then.”

He hugged her and kissed her in the cheeks. I’m about to explode. I know it’s just a kiss on the cheek but still. I don’t like him touching Lian how much more a kiss? I clenched my jaw.

My mom’s house is a 2 story townhouse. It has 3 bedrooms: one for my mom and Rick, my room and the guest room.  It’s the house where I grew up. It feels so nice to be back. My Mom weren’t able to pick us up at the airport because she’s not done cleaning the house yet. So we took a cab.

(Inside the cab)

“Are you sure it’s okay for me to come with you?” Lian asked suddenly.

“Of course and as a matter of fact you are more than welcome.”

She didn’t look convinced on what I said but she kept quiet.

We arrived at my Mom’s house around 4pm. As soon as the cab stopped in front of the house my Mom bursts out of our front door rushing to my side. She stood there impatiently. To tease her I didn’t open my door and sat there like she’s not there.

“THOMAS JOSEPH JOHNSON! Get your butt out of the cab right now or I’ll make you!!!” she shouted.

I heard Lian gave a small chuckle. I think she’s not quite sure if she would laugh or something.  So I opened the door of the cab and stepped out. Without a word said I was in my Mom’s bone crushing hug and sweet kisses.

“Oh! My baby!!!” she cooed

“MOM!”

“I’m sorry darling; I just miss you so much.”

“I know Mom. I miss you too. Now can we go inside?”

“Of course of course!” with that said she went back inside the house.