Somewhere Down the Road 8

“Hey! Want to go out with the B.I.T.C.H.es?” Lian asked as she poked her heard in my open bathroom door. We keep our bathroom doors open to let each other know that there’s no one inside.

“Sure but can I call Travis and Kevin too? I don’t want to be the only guy there.” I said. I was rummaging through my things. I’ve been here for like 3 days now and I haven’t unpacked properly yet.

“Okay! Be ready by 6.”

“’kay!”

I called up Travis and Kevin, who happily obliged to come. We’ll be meeting everybody at 7 but since we’re a little far from the meeting-place Lian and I need to leave the house at 6 but Lian got some clothes trouble. Unfortunately, she did her laundry and her clothes didn’t dry up including the one she’s supposed to wear.

I wore a plain white v-neck shirt, a blazer, jeans and a pair of black Vans shoes. I saw Lian wearing a black strapless dress that falls just above her knees and she has red high heels and a red pouch bag. The top part of the dress is sparkly then the rest, from below her chest, is like the skirt of the ballerinas. Okay I don’t know how to describe her dress because I’m a guy all I know is that she’s hot.

We arrived at bar a little before 8. Everybody is already there: Christy, Megan, Jane, Travis and Kevin. We went to this bar that has live band and serves beer and stuffs. They also have karaoke and let customers sing. The bar is slightly dimmed and has a slightly classy feel.

“Late as always!” Megan commented.

“Hi to you too dearie and FYI I got a very good reason for being late.” Lian answered

“Okay! Let’s hear your EXCUSE!” Jane piped in emphasizing the word EXCUSE.

“Well, I got a little trouble in with my clothes. I did my laundry and it didn’t dry up. Is that excuse plausible enough?” she answered

“Yeah okay!” Christy said sarcastically.

We all laughed.

“Heeyy! You all can even ask Tommie.” She said

“Tommie’s still your star witness?” Megan said teasingly

“Oh shut it!” Lian countered

We did some catching up with each other. Surprisingly every one of us is doing great in life. Lian’s the Head of the Engineering Dept. in our company, I’m a manager in the Architecture Dept. in the same company as Lian’s, Christy and Megan both are stewardess, Jane is a well-known Philippine Fashion Designer, Travis is an Accountant in one of the most prestigious banks here in the Philippines and Kevin is an Airplane Mechanic. All of us are single. Well until we found out that Jane and Kevin are dating for the past 5 months.

We’ve been drinking for the past hours but I decided before we even got here that I won’t get drunk, even a little tipsy, so I can take Lian home safely and will be able to drive the car we rented from the airport.

The girls ordered a tall glass of Bloody Mary; it’s tall because they’re having a competition.

“Okay! Whoever finished this drinks last will have to do a dare.” Jane said “You boys be the judges.”

“Okay.” We chorused

“Okay Travis count to three.” Jane instructed.

“Okay! One…Two…Three…GO!” Travis counted

Then they are chugging their drinks down. Jane was the first to finish her drink followed by Christy then Megan and that means Lian is the loser.

“O Man! This sucks!” Lian whined