Somewhere Down the Road Chapter 10

Okay so newsflash she's engaged. Still can't believe it. I can't help, but feel mad at her. I know I shouldn't be because she didn't strung me along or lead me on or something. Still I'm mad at her. I'm trying to keep it cool for the past few days since I learned that she's engaged. 

She told my mom that she's been engaged for over 3 months now, but they haven't set a date for the wedding yet. Which gives me hope, hope for what I don't know. I know I want her bad, but I don't know if she feels the same way.

We hung out the few times with our common friends, then she'd go out sometimes with her other friends. We are leaving tomorrow to go back to Atlanta. 

I'm packing my stuff and my there's a knock on my door. 

"Tommie?" mom said

"Yeah?"

"Can I come in?"

"Sure mom, hold on." I move my luggage out of the doorway so she could enter.

"I'm going to miss you." she said with teary eyes

"Oh Mom, don't cry." I said. "I'm gonna come visit. Plus you got Rick he's gonna keep you company."

"I know, but it's no the same." she sobbed, she now full on crying. "Always take care of yourself, okay? Also, take care of my Lily. If you're going to try to win her back, do something now or else you're going to lose her."

She stood up and gave me a hug, pat my cheeks, and she left.

Now I have to come up with a game plan, to win Lian back. Sure as hell, I'm going to do my best to get her back, because she is worth it. I still believe that she's my soul-mate, I know it sounds cheesy and I don't really believe in those kinds of stuff, but with Lian and for Lian i'll believe in anything. 

*knocks*

*door opens*

"Pssstttt!!! Tooommiiiieeee!!! Are you awake?" Lian whisper scream.

I groaned to let her know I'm awake.

She tiptoed across my floor and slid in into my bed and snuggled.

"You're so warm." She said

I can smell alcohol from her. She drunk. Very drunk.

I know what you're thinking. No I'm not going to take advantage of drunk girl. 

"You stink Lian." I said.

"Sssshhhh!!!"

So I just shut up and cuddled with her and we fell asleep.

I woke up early the next day, our flight is not until 10 pm. I slid out and got her a glass of water and some aspirin and put it on the bedside table. I know for sure she's going to have one hell of a hangover when she wakes up. 

I went to check up on her and also to call her for lunch.

I entered the room and she is sitting on my bed with her legs crossed and staring into space, with the glass of water in her hand. It seems like she had just taken the aspirin.

"Hey" I greeted

"Huh?" she jumped a little and looked at me.

"How are you feeling?" I asked

"Like I got hit by a truck."

"Sounds about right. How much did you drink last night?"

"I lost count after 5."

I chuckled.

"So are you done packing yet?" I asked

"Oh crap! I haven't even started."

"You better get going missy."

She groaned in protest and laid back in bed

I walked closer to her and sat at the end of the bed.

"Thanks for the aspirin Tommie."

"No Welcome."

"What?" she giggled.

"I meant no problem and you're welcome."

We sat there looking at each other trying to figure out what each of us is thinking. It was good minute.

We broke our little staring contest when my mom yelled "Lunch is ready!"

"You heard her.Let's go." I said.

"You go ahead, I'll be down in a minute."

I can't help it, but that feeling I had back when we we're in high school, it's back. This time I'm positive.