Chapter 1... Begin! ; )

If I could do well... Well enough to become Kalos Queen...

  I try to think only positive thoughts. After my last fail in Lagoon Town, I have to get back on my feet! At the next Showcase, we'll hopefully pass the Theme Performance! As for Kalos Queen.....I giggle. I could never hope to be as good as Aria, or even Matinee, the performer that surpasses me at a rate I'll never be able to catch up. Even so, if I could just be good, then I'd actually be content with myself as I am. Secure.

  I remember all of it. I had donned my apron, with Petilil and Espurr at my side. I was so nervous, it felt as if my heart would crumble into pieces if I didn't win! It was my very first time even baking poke puffs, but attempting it and hopefully winning was the only way I'd be able to perform for everyone. So when I grabbed the milk and accidentally knocked over my mixture.....and got disqualified for not having any poke puffs to present....

  "Petilil?" My little Pokemon looks up at me. I rub her head.

  "Let's try hard next time!" Hopefully it's not baking again. "All we have to do is pass the Theme Performance and then we can show everyone our performance!"

 Petilil's eyes grin for her. "Lil!" 

  "Epurr!" My other friend, a little bipedal gray and furry cat Pokemon looks up to me from the ground. 

  I smile. "That's right, Espurr! We WILL pass next time!" I'm a Pokemon Performer, and in Showcases, I have to pass the Theme Performance, which always changes, to move on to the Freestyle Performance, where I'll perform with my Pokemon! After that, the audience will vote, and if we win, we get a Princess Key! I have to win three, I just have to hit lucky three...

  "Let's take a break from all this walking," I suggest with a stretch.  We stop a little ways off the route to Coumarine City to restore our energy. "Want to work on our performance?"

  Petilil hops with excitement. "Lil! Petilil!"

  Espurr nods and purrs."Mrow!"

  "All right!" I take a step backwards, my foot lightly positioned on the grass. "Espurr, you'll lift me up with Psychic, while Petilil will spin and use Petal Dance! Got all that?" 

 "Esp! Espurr...." I'm surrounded by a hazy purple light, and my body becomes lighter as I'm lifted off the ground. 

  "Now....twirl!" I spin gracefully around the small clearing. Petilil twirls and uses Petal Dance, and I'm surrounded by pretty pink petals.

"Now... Here it comes! Pe-" I'm cut off by a loud explosion.

"Huh?" 

  Espurr gets distracted and drops me, and I'm glad to land on the soft, springy grass.

"Espurr!" Espurr pushes us out of the way with Psychic. Briefly after that, a girl and a boy appear. 

  "You won't get away with this, Team Flare!" The girl yells. Three people in red orange suits appear. One man has a Swirlix, the woman a Tyrunt, and the last girl, who looks to be my age has a Braixen.

  "Swirlix, String Shot!" 

  "Swirlix!" The cotton candy Pokemon jumps and sends out sticky strands at the other girl's Frogadier. The boy's Quilladin intercepts the strings with Seed Bomb.

  The good girl turns to me. "We're outmatched! Give us a hand?" 

  "A hand?" But I don't know how to battle! Or at least, battle well. It's ironic, considering that-