Phantom Savior

Warm mist curls around the light post on the lonely street. A pool of yellow light bathed the lump of tattered cloths and blankets that leaned against the base of the wrought iron metal pole. There was a soft noise coming from the mass, a melodic ringing. 

      The girl sang quietly, the words only in her mind as she hummed the tune.

Late at night on Sunday evenings
The moon looks down upon the city
Paris shakes with lively excitement
Waiting for the Opera to open its doors

      A shadow moved between the buildings across the street, evading the light like it was fire. It stood, listening to the sweet melody of the small voice. He stepped noiselessly into the ring of light, smiling menacingly. The man's face was grimy, his teeth yellowed and crooked or missing. Sending forth a battle cry, he reached forward and grabbed the blankets off the girl, covering her scream with his hand. 

      The girl's hair was wild and long, she had been homeless for a while now. The man grabbed the girl's dress and hauled her up into his arms, a deathly grip on her face. Her wide eyes screamed for help, as did her flinging limbs. 

      The horrid man dragged the girl backwards into the dark alley in which he came from. The girl struggled. She felt the fragile fabric of her dress tear as the man threw her up against a hard stone wall.

      Bile rose up in her throat when she realized what the sick man was going to do to her. She tried to hit him, use his own strength to propel him into the wall, but it was all no use. She tried biting his hand just as a searing pain went through her lower abdomen. He yelped and pulled his hand back. The girl screamed one high, piercing note before his hand struck her, cutting her short. 

      The taste of blood erupted in her mouth and she had to spit it out all over the cold gray wall. She man grabbed her hands and spun her around and slammed her back into the wall, clamping his hand down on the girl's mouth again. His breath flushed against her neck, and he did not stop his assault between her thighs. 

      A flood to tears came from her eyes, washing streaks in the dirt on her cheeks. The girl whimpered, turning her face away from the disgusting man in front of her. Maybe is she didn't watch, it would feel like it wasn't actually happening. 

      Under the streetlight, a cloaked figure stood, staring at her. She blinked, and it was gone. The man in front of her grunted in pain, blood coming from his mouth sickly. And then his grip on her loosened. The man huffed and fell aside, letting the girl go altogether. Se struggled to stand. As she lost consciousness, the cloaked figure was standing in front of her. Like a ghost, part of his face was white, his eyes piercing and wild under the dark curtain of night.

      She fainted, the frightening image turned into black.

COPYRIGHT & DISCLAIMER INFORMATION

      Based off of the 2004 film Phantom of the Opera characters. I do not own any of the characters from the movie, but do own the ones I invented for this story. Please, don't copy or republish anything I write. It's rude.

      Leave me constructive criticism, if I get anything wrong please tell me so. Thank you for reading, I greatly appreciate it. :) Phantom of the Opera is my favorite thing right now, and this is the product of me finding Phantom fanfiction. Yep, this author has no life. *highfives*

      As you've seen above, this story has some dark themes to reflect my soul, this should be interesting. If you cannot stomach mature themes, it's probably not a smart thing to read this story. Thanks everybody   :P