Chap 36

By telling Jasper everything that happened to clear the confusion in his mind, we never stop talking since lunch. He even stood at the reception counter which is near to my working table to listen to the story.

"Doctor Jasper, there's someone said she's Samantha waiting for you in the room." Jasper's assistant came to told him.

"I'll be back. Wait for me tonight, will go for a farewell with you. You're leaving tonight right?" I nodded then he rushed back to the medical room.

After working for two months, I took four days off to go back home.

At the same time while chatting with the nurses who's sitting at the reception, I'm curious about whom Samantha is, since Jasper was so shocked when he heard the name Samantha.

Jasper's medical room door is opened after one and a half hour. Samantha came out first and followed by Jasper. She seems to be unhappy and left the room without looking at Jasper.

"Who's she?" I asked when Jasper walked here.

"You mean Samantha?" I nodded then waited for his reply. "I'll tell you during our dinner."

We went back to our respective working place and settle the left over work before leaving.

To: georgetheboy

I'm going back Penang tmr.

From: gtigerh

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: gtigerh

What time is your flight? I'll fetch you.

From: georgetheboy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: georgetheboy

I'm reaching midnight. Will find a way home by myself, it's alright. Thanks btw..
From: gtigerh

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where's Grace?" I heard Jasper asking the nurse who's still working.

"She went to the toilet, I supposed."

I walked to him after taking my bag then we went for our dinner.

"Sorry for making you wait." Jasper said when we were in the car.

"Nah, I didn't waited for long. Did you finished your work?" He nodded.

I have gastric pain in a sudden then started squeezing my jacket to endure with the pain.

"What's wrong?" Jasper asked.

"No, nothing's wrong. Where are we going for dinner?" He drove the car and stopped at the side.

Jasper asked again, with a more serious face this time. "What's wrong? Why were you squeezing your jacket? "

"Its just a little gastric pain." He continue driving and went to pharmacy.

He then came back with a packet of medicine, "Eat this later, after our dinner. You've always got gastric pain once a week whenever you're over busy with your work. Finish up this medicine, it's twice a day, after food.

"Thanks. I never knew you're this observant. "

"Excuse me, I'm a psychiatrist."

"Oops. Sorry." I acted innocent with the cute voice.

We went to a Chinese restaurant for dinner then he make sure I take my medicine before leaving the restaurant. Jasper then sent me back the house that I rented to collect my luggage then send me to the airport.

"George?" I picked up the phone which was ringing right after I got off the car at the airport.

"What time is your flight?" He asked again the question that I ignored him in the message.

"I'm departing from here at 10:35, I should reach Penang by 12 or earlier."

"Are you even the one who booked the ticket? How can you not know it? What flight are you taking?"

"Air Asia. It writes 10:35 to 11:55. So, it's still around 12."

"Okay. I'll pick you up at the airport. Don't tell me no because Michelle insisted for me to fetch you."

"Does she even care about her boyfriend? It's 12 midnight, not noon."

"She knew I won't sleep that early and she wanna make sure you reach home safely." I was fed up on arguing with him so I promise to let him fetch me later.

Jasper asked if this George was the one I told him about earlier today, then sent me off after that.

I rested during the flight as I was told by Jasper. As a responsible doctor, he never forgets to remind me to rest and eat well even at the last minute before I went in waiting area.

After one and a half hour of flight, I've finally reached Penang. The busy city that's covered with silence on the road, I've missed it after two months. George was already waiting for me at the pick up area with nothing on his hand and expecting me to recognize him.

"Good to see you again, Grace." He came to me and gave me a welcome hug.

I hugged him back and said, "Me too. Sorry for making you come over so late."

"Are you hungry? Do you wanna eat something before going home?"

"Nah, I had lunch before flight."

"But I'm hungry. Accompany me for supper." As he kept talking about food, I remembered that Jasper told me to give him a call when I reach Penang. By ignoring George about the supper, I called Jasper when we got in the car.

"I've reached Penang. I'm in my friend's car now, don't worry about me and go to sleep."

"Okay. I'll go to sleep, but text me when you're home." I 'hmm-ed' him and ended the call.

George stopped the car at a famous shop that sell only toast bread until midnight. He ordered two plates and expected me to eat but I didn't since I'm still on diet. He told me to eat at least half the plate and said half plate of them won't make me grow 10kg fats.

After filling his hungry stomach, he dropped me home and went home.

To: jasper_kwan

Home sweet home. Nights, Jasper.

From: gtigerh

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ended my day after sending him the message then fell asleep with a sweet dream.