Chapter 3 >> Don't Bother Telling

Ralph's Pov

" Wake up, brat. The worker will be here any minute and don't evn think about trying to rat us out. " Lucy's mom, Sarah, yells from outside my room. Most likely downstairs trying to make the house look presentable after that party they had last night.

I open my eyes to have the sun blind me. Temporarily.

I don't groan, I don't sigh. Cause those people have the ears of a hawk and once they here me make sounds that express my feelings not to be here, they'll trick the worker into leaving me here longer.

And they might even adopt me. Just because of a groan. To make my life miserable till I'm 18.

I check the hallway. Clear. I walk into the bathroom and take a quick shower. I dry myself and put on the clothes I had that were clean and weren't stained with blood. Which is just some dirty converses, baggy pants, and a hoodie that the agency gave me that belonged to my big brother.

I went out the hallway to see them both at front of my door and they already had my duffel bag. I walked slowly towards them and quickly grabbed it from their hand knowing that if I did that any other day they would kill me.

I ran down the stairs into the co-worker.

" Henry ! " I shouted. He laughed. " Hey bud " he said and picked me up. I winced a bit since it was right were Lucy kicked me yesterday.

" Hey you okay, bud ? " he asked concerned. I opened my mouth to say something but I felt heir gazes and imagined them abusing me more. I hesitantly shook my head, feeling ashamed of myself of not telling the truth.

" Well, thank them for volunteering to foster you, bud " He said and put me down. Every time he comes to transport me to my next foster parents I have to go up to the people, thank them, and hug them them.

I slowly walked to Lucy my hands shaky. " Nice doin' business with ya " she said evilly and she pinched me right where she kicked me in my stomach sneakily, very hard might I add. I felt my eyes getting teary. I walked slower to her mom and hugged her.

" You're lucky kid " she whispered. She also pinched me but more harder. I let out a tear but quickly wiped it. I quickly walked back to Mr.Henry. " I'm ready " I whispered. I walked outside without Mr. Henry and got in the car waiting for him to finish his business.

I only hope that the next people I have, have a heart. I put my knees up to my chest and put my head in between them.

Rachel's Pov

" Hi, my name's Lauren, that's Ally, That's Normani, Dinah and Camila are upstairs. But Dinah has blonde hair and Camila has brown hair " she said but the only thing I focusing was on the huge mansion.

" I-I'm Rachel " I said finally zoning back in.

I saw Normani roll her eyes and walk into what looked like the kitchen. I uncomfortably shifted from one foot to the other.

"Don't worry about Normani...she's still trying to accept the fact that we're fostering. Anyways, Ralph should be here soon, come on I'll lead you to your room !" The small one said. I'm was taller than her.

" Ew. Why is she so short " No. No. No !

Really we aren't even halfway up the stairs yet and she's already showing up. The pills aren't working. They're getting weaker and that's what I'm scared of.

" Uh w-were are the bathrooms ?" I asked. " Oh there's one over there but there's also one in your room do you wanna wait or go over to the one in your in your room.