Past (The Plan)

Michael

I came to Richard's house to ask for reinforcements.

"Richie boy!" I yelled at the top of my lungs as soon as I entered the front door. I didn't have to but I wanted to be an ass so I did.

"What?"
He came out of the kitchen with his eyebrows furrowed, pissed. And there's this little kid following him.

"I see that your sister is in town and little--I wanna say--Edward?" Don't really know his name.

"Not even close, asshole. It's Jack." He said as he leaned back on a wall, arms crossed over his chest.

I just shrugged my shoulders.
"Okay. So...."

"So what?"

I pretended to look around.
"Wanna go somewhere?" I asked casually.

He chuckled.
"Are you asking me out on a date?"

I turned to him. My eyebrows furrowed.
"Fuck you." I said.

And he just laughed.
"Well, wherever that is, I can't because I'm babysitting." He pointed at the kid.

"You could bring him." I suggested.

"Naw, I don't think so."

"Oh come on!" I whined.

He shook his head.
I narrowed my eyes at him. He shrugged his shoulders.

I sighed then bent down in eye level with the kid.

"Hey, Ed--"

"It's Jack." He corrected me.

I just rolled my eyes.
"So.. Jack.....Want to go out and buy some chocolate or something?"

His face lit up as he nodded excitedly.

"But of course it's uncle Richard's call."

Me and the kid both looked at him, both pouting.

"What are you up to?" Richard curiously asked.

I'm going to the convenience store where Lauren apparently works and I need some stupid reason to go there other than just to get her number.
I need a wingman who can nudge me a little and he's the best guy for that.

I just smiled as I stood up to put my arm around his shoulder.
"Nothing. Just wanted to hang out with my bud."

*****

"Here?" His eyebrow raised as he look out the window and saw where we were.

"Yeah." I said smirking like an ass as I opened the door to get out.

"You do realize that there are convenience stores closer to our neighborhood, right?" He asked again as he got out of the car, carrying the little kid out too.

I put my hands in my back pockets then walked to the entrance.
"Yeah.. But....I heard they have everything here and a pretty decent selection of sweets and treats for little Ed--"

"Jack." He corrected me.

I just rolled my eyes as I open the door for them.

"No. I can do it." I recognized that voice, and my head whipped to its owner.
Lauren.

She had just walked out from the stock room, carrying a box.
She was wearing this ridiculously boring uniform because she wasn't showing much skin and I'm sure as hell that it wasn't even giving justice to what is probably under there.
I haven't actually seen her naked but I bet she looked hot because in my head--I'd tried picturing her a hundred times already and every time I do, she looked smoking.